melanomas and cushings
Has anyone heard of connections between melanomas and cushings?
I did a quick search and alas, I only found a link when you are in my situation (yeah) when you have had your adrenals removed and your ACTH can rise causing a rise in melatonin.

So unless you are in that situation, I don't know if there is a direct relationship except that immune systems tend to be down. A few of my Cush buds have had cancers - breast and all - but I don't have a sense that except for immune system issues that our rate is higher.
Thanks for info. I am off to cancer clinic on Wednesday as the consultant has an interest in melanomas.
Please keep us posted. Has your source (aka pituitary or adrenal) been determined? If your levels of ACTH are very high - the ACTH can be/may be a factor?
I had my appointment with my endrocine consultant last week and he has taken me off the afternoon dose of HC so on just 10mg in the morning. He told me my scans I had before my lump was removed came back clear, but didn't seem to know about lumber puncture! But I ave seen the cancer specialist in another hospital today and she said that the bone biopsy was benign so alls well. Just want to come off HC and start losing weight as I have put on as I constantly crave chocolate and sweet things!! People I haven't seen for a while keep saying how well I look. I feel tired still but at least I am on the right track! I have to have another blood test for cortosine levels in about five weeks time.
That is great. I hope you can quit the afternoon dose cold turkey.

If you have Cushing's you may not be able to lose, but hopefully be stable.
I've been ok so far (just over a week now) I've had a couple of days where I have felt sick and I think I am coming down with a chesty cold but the weather has been very changeable!!
Hope all well with you!
Hanging in. I have poison ivy. Trying not to get hubster's cold.
How are you feeling today? I have a cold!! Fortunately I dont get colds too often, the last one I had was just as I was about to have my adrenal gland removed they had to dose me up with paracetamol (before that I cant remember having one for years!).
Take care
Wow you are lucky.  I have the immune system of a ... Well not a good one. I get sick a lot.  My poison ivy is getting worse instead of better.  Hubs getting better hoping still to avoid this one.
Hi hope you are feeling better. I've still got my cold but hopefully getting better. But unfortunately I tripped over yesterday and have broken my finger. Got to go to fracture clinic tomorrow just so painful!!
Oh my! It is much easier to break bones when cortisol runs high - bones can be more brittle.

My poison ivy is spreading - ugh - but that is minor compared to you.
thanks for info, I have got to go to a different hospital about 50 miles away tomorrow as my hospital doesn't do broken fingers, going to cost me about £100 (prob equal to about $160 to just get there.I am beginning to feel really down about everything going on in my life at the moment just seems one thing after another!!
Sorry for going on I.m sure I'm just feeing sorry for myself when there are alot worse off than me,
Take care and hope you get better soon!
I would feel down too!
I hope you have a support system in place - but always feel free to vent or blow off steam here. You do have a lot going on and all of it is legit so you did not need another thing.

I am in a lucky stable period (but I don't trust them... LOL) so waiting to see how long it will last.

Take care and hope you can get managed and the pain is not too bad.