Adrenal Insufficiency Community
retesting Cortisol levels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

retesting Cortisol levels

Our child has been cycling off hydrocrotisone this summer to have a repeat test.... September 2010 cortisol levels were extremely low as well as ACTH also discovered Vitamin D defienency.  Was prescribed hydrocortisone and Vitamin D.  Because now no match for Addison's  and tests show congenital adreneal hyperplasia they are repeating all of these tests due to being a teen ager and not born with this disease. After getting down to 5mg every night we have an ear infection if I cycle back up will that affect the test in 2 weeks?
Thanks!
Hydrocortisone has a very short half life - so if she is off the HC for say, at least a few days before the test, she should be fine. That makes for a very fast wean though!

Is she going to get a stim test or a genetic test for CAH?

In the health pages, I have a steroid calculator, website on CAH  - hope it helps you!