Adrenal Insufficiency Community
significance of left adrenal gland thickening

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

Is an incidental finding of a left adrenal gland thickening worth investigating. I also have spinal stenosis, chronic diarrhea,  low grade nausea; but I'm also old, being age  71. Can't afford unnecessary physician visits for no good reason. Any experiences of others would be appreciated. Thanks so much.
Why were they looking at the adrenal (was it a CT, ultrasound?)

Nausea can be a sign of low cortisol. Do you have tests for sodium or potassium that are abnormal? Are you thin?
Could someone please explain what this means:  
Hypoattenuating mass in the right pulmonary vein measuring 1.7 x 1.9 cm.  Patchy Tree-In-Bud opacity is noted in the right upper lobe. Bulky right hilar and mediastinal lympadenopathy is present, exerting mass effect on the hilar vessels.  Complete encasement without obliteration of the right upper lobe segmental artery.  Near complete encasement without obliteration of the superior vena cava. Hyperattenuating material in the gallbladder, left adrenal thickening is present. A non-emergent three phase adrenal CT is recommended. Any and all information is appreciated.
You are not asking about the other mass/aortic anomaly?

The thickened adrenal gland in this case may be due to the anomaly as there is mass effect on the vessels around it or it could be a separate issue. Are there any symptoms?

Let us know what the doctor says!

No, I' love to know about all of it. It all appears Greek to me. :-)  Would certainly appreciate whatever information you have. I have had a dull ache on the left side of my lower back. Thinking it was my kidney I've been drinking lots of water.  The CatScan was performed because of dizziness and my left side was numb. I was prescribed Meclizine which has taken care of the dizziness but the Dr. didn't seem to want to explain much.
Thanks,
Cindy
I would go back and ask your doctor a LOT more questions. If not, find another doctor. I am only a layman and I may not be reading the report correctly - but I would ask to see a vascular surgeon or a cardiac surgeon. You also need another CT.
That would require medical insurance. Of which, I am sorely lacking.
I have no idea if I am reading you film right - you can ask on another forum - I usually help out on pituitary or brain films but it *appears* to me that you have a mass near a pulmonary vein and that may cause you to pass out. There is maybe something in your lung - that is the *tree in bud* comment. All of this is large enough that it is pushing on other things - hence the *mass effect* comment - mass effect happens when things are things pushed out of place. To what extent - no idea. It also sounds like you have something in your gall bladder. Can you get charity or go to a clinic? I am purely a layman - I am not trying to scare you, just think you need to get some investigation.
Avatar n tn
cracker420 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 30
Ladytruth01 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 24
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
Apr 09