Adrenal Insufficiency Community
thyroid and amiodarone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

thyroid and amiodarone

four yeas ago <i was  on amiodarone for 15 months without checks. It was  then found I had a TSH of 38. I am still on thyroxine. Results are withinnormal range but am I on it for ever? Can amiodarone damage a thyroid for life?
The med was for your heart? From what I read it was not a steroid medication and I am not familiar with it at all. As for damage, you should ask a pharmacist or doctor specifically about the medication.

TSH should not be 38 by most labs so I am confused by the "labs are normal" statement.

In general, side effects from meds happen ASAP and u have to go off them as u know they are having an adverse effect. Some can have long term hidden effects like corticosteroids but again I have no idea about yours and the impact so best to ask a professional and do let us know as well please.
Avatar n tn
cracker420 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Ladytruth01 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Apr 24
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
Apr 09