when to stress dose
i got reeally nauseated two nights ago---and then got kind of nervous about wether or not i could have a problem.  the next day i was still nauseated and didn't feel good the whole day.  i wasn't sure if i should be stress dosing or not.  since i was a little nervous about it and figured it wouldn't hurt me----i went ahead and took a couple of extra doses of hydrocortisone.  i'm not sure yet how i feel today---right now i'm a little dizzy, but my blood sugar feels like it is dropping---so that could be it.  i had to take a little more pain killer than normal this morning to feel alright, but we are having barometric changes right and left.

how do i know when i am supposed to stress dose?  i'm so mad that my endo didn't tell me, and when i asked i didn't get much of an answer---and then a couple of months later a nurse called and asked if i had ever been given the info on stress dosing!!!  she told me to double my medication---i asked "for 3 days?" and was told yes---but i wasn't told what type of illnesses need stress dosing.  the nurse also told me that the doc had called in the wrong amount of medication for my emergency injection vial--i had already figured that out------and she told me that the doc had called in the right amount.  this was months ago---and the pharmacy recently told me that it was never called in.  this is the first time i have gotten sick, so i haven't worried too much about it.
I put information on stress dosing in the health pages - but always take the advice of your doctor first.

I don't double unless a fever is over 100. At 99, I add 5-10mg HC, fluids, and salt and see if I need more but this is ME - you may need more... this is my years of knowing my body. 3 days is ... strange - you may need more of less if it is the flu, or just a 24 hour thing. Make sure to have fluids if you have the runs or anything. Even sweating can effect us.

I also got anti-emitics such as zofran or phenergan so I could keep the oral meds down to work so I would not have to resort to the shot.