will adrenal insufficiency cause low vitamin and minerals?
I was originally diagnosed with secondary AI and hypothyroidism----I also had low DHEA and low testosterone--and several other things that were off.  My endo was scatterbrained and unorganized, so my PCP got me a referral to another endo---the guy did not even run any blood test of his own and immediately had me start weaning off HC.  My follow up appt. was with a PA who did a stim test without following protocol---and they refused to run any other tests---and would only give me enough armour for a month.

I finally found a doctor and flew to Conn. to see him.  He came up with the same diagnosis as the first endo--low thyroid and low cortisol---but he also tested vitamins and minerals--and later he tested hormones.   As I had been suspecting all along, my testosterone was low---my DHEA was low---and I had been taking supplements.

Has anyone else had vitamin and mineral deficiencies tested?  I am wondering if it is common for alot of things to be thrown off in your body because the pituitary and thyroid are not functioning right.
I had low D and low iron that I remember.
I had AI and I too suffered from very low Vit D and iron.
Also you say you suspected you always had low testosterone. Please do not confuse (as many do) low testosterone with low libido. They are not the same.
my testosterone was low several years ago--i got it up with a T-cream---but for some reason my body can't maintain it, and it can't maintain the DHEA levels, either
I just take DHEA pills. A decent brand helps me - but I do fluctuate a lot. Even on my E-patch, I still can vary.