Adrenal Insufficiency Community
will adrenal insufficiency cause low vitamin and minerals?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Adrenal Insufficiency.

I was originally diagnosed with secondary AI and hypothyroidism----I also had low DHEA and low testosterone--and several other things that were off.  My endo was scatterbrained and unorganized, so my PCP got me a referral to another endo---the guy did not even run any blood test of his own and immediately had me start weaning off HC.  My follow up appt. was with a PA who did a stim test without following protocol---and they refused to run any other tests---and would only give me enough armour for a month.

I finally found a doctor and flew to Conn. to see him.  He came up with the same diagnosis as the first endo--low thyroid and low cortisol---but he also tested vitamins and minerals--and later he tested hormones.   As I had been suspecting all along, my testosterone was low---my DHEA was low---and I had been taking supplements.

Has anyone else had vitamin and mineral deficiencies tested?  I am wondering if it is common for alot of things to be thrown off in your body because the pituitary and thyroid are not functioning right.
I had low D and low iron that I remember.
I had AI and I too suffered from very low Vit D and iron.
Also you say you suspected you always had low testosterone. Please do not confuse (as many do) low testosterone with low libido. They are not the same.
Avatar n tn
my testosterone was low several years ago--i got it up with a T-cream---but for some reason my body can't maintain it, and it can't maintain the DHEA levels, either
I just take DHEA pills. A decent brand helps me - but I do fluctuate a lot. Even on my E-patch, I still can vary.
Nacht246 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Aug 22
SassyLassie commented on About Me
Aug 21
CLENCH1 commented on The Turbinates: What ...
Aug 15