Central Auditory Processing Disorder Question
Hi there!

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask my question!  

I have central auditory processing disorder, (and brain injured) and I was wondering what devices or technologies are available for this condition? I have used the "Fast ForWord" program ( recommended by my audiologist), which didn't help me. Have any of you had any luck with Fast ForWord? I'm just curious.

Many kind thanks for any help!
Take care!!
Jen  
Hi I'm 25 from Australia I was diagnosed with CAPD about three years ago I've been seeing an ent since I was about four have had coutless sets of gromets and was found to be mildly affected, I mainly find I have issues in places like bars and clubs etc where music is going on and with others talking all the time.   I find it impossable to hear others which I spose has led to some of the reasioning why I dont socalise as much as I could or should.

I know that in Australia if my condition was more advanced ( and of course I'm very hppay it's not ) There are devices available to help amplify your suroundings by eather a mic woarn on the lepal of somone giveing a lecture or just a mic on a table for a group situation.

I somonetimies wish I had access to the above as it would make life much less frustrating.

See your ent and an audioalogist about options, also let others you care about know the more people who know your having difficualities, the   more they'll bealbe to help you out day to day.

Hope this helps,

Good luck I know I went crazy telling people I coulden't hear propperly yet everyone telling me test results were great ( I score 97% on my basic audiogram and hearing assments )
it took a good three months to get to the testing to prove I wasen't going carzey after all.  

Have a great Day

David.

Did you use Fast ForWord the way you are supposed to?  I know lots of people who have had amazing success with it!  But it really seems to depend on whether you do it faithfully or not.  There is another version made for adults, it is called Posit Science.  Maybe you should try that one!
Julie