Adults with Special Needs Community
Healing pressure soars....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to basic needs, caregivers, day-to-day living, education and learning, family and friends, financial issues, insurance, hearing loss, medical Equipment and assistive technology, motor and movement, speech and communication, transportation, and vision.

Healing pressure soars....

Does anyone have advice on how long it takes to heal a deep/serious pressure soar on my para husbands foot....he was disabled at the age of 5...so many years ago that really we should go back through self care training....things have changed so much....

He is wrapping his feet...seeing a wound specialist...putting antibacterial ointment on them....resting with feet up in a recliner chair in the living room....drinking lots of water....taking Ibuprofen....any other suggestions?
I am not sure about all this I read so long ago, but Hyperbaric treatment? look into it, I believe it is oxygen treatment that might help heal. it takes a long time to heal these things specially if person is dissabled and circulation is not so good, If this wound is on a heal there is foot orthotics that he would wear at night and it lifts the heal off the bed so no new damage is caused and can heal better, look into sites with care equipment and also ask about a nurse doing some skin treatment once a week. They take off some of the old stuff and let the new skin come out and regrow, I believe. Be prepared for another, if you see breakage happening, get to it early, less damage is easier to heal.
Some studies are also looking at Austrailian honey as a healer but I wouldnt just go and get some, ask doctor what works or natural path if you go to one already,
not advise but suggestions to look at, please ask his doc and other team members in his care plan.
It will take some time to get ride off, but be patient and use foam and pillows to make some blood pressure to the effected area. it may help to get the effected area normal.