Adults with Special Needs Community
I would like to make my father my guardian in the state of Texas, need ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to basic needs, caregivers, day-to-day living, education and learning, family and friends, financial issues, insurance, hearing loss, medical Equipment and assistive technology, motor and movement, speech and communication, transportation, and vision.

I would like to make my father my guardian in the state of Texas, need easy way to do so

I can't handle all of my lifes responsibilites on my own, and wanted to delegate the legal responsiblity of being a guardian to my father again.  i'm 38, and he has agreed as long as i can handle my own finances.  we can't afford a lawyer, and it has to abide by Texas Probate law.  i'd rather not have to go to court to finalize it either due to anxiety.  every so often i might need help in a specific area of my life, and i'm willing to take a $350 SSI pay cut so my parents can assist and provide for me plus it will give me the security that should someone die, my father will have to put someone else in charge of me being my own guardian.  if i lost both my parents, i'm not sure if i'd survive.  

any useful feedback is welcome.  

thank you

go to court and talk to the judge about ur problem
You can probably find an attorney who will do it for $350.  It is a matter of filling out paper work and filing it with the court so that it will be recognized by everyone and not be challenged.  Many attorneys who wills and probate have the forms already on their computer, you give them the information, they print it out, take it to the court, file it- poof it's done.  

The state may also be able to appoint you a GAL (Guardian Ad Litem) to help.  Not knowing why you need someone else to make decisions for you- that might be an option.