Adults with Special Needs Community
Needing supplies!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to basic needs, caregivers, day-to-day living, education and learning, family and friends, financial issues, insurance, hearing loss, medical Equipment and assistive technology, motor and movement, speech and communication, transportation, and vision.

Needing supplies!

Hey Everyone...I'm new to all of this, and I'm not sure if anyone can help. If I've learned one thing in all of this, it's that there are so many great people out there willing to help. My father was in a terrible motorcycle accident on Febuary 2nd. Suffering from multiple fractures and brain damage, my father fell into a moderate coma. 2 weeks ago, the hospital discharged him because he was in a stable condition and no longer required physician care. Due to a major loop-hole in our insurance, we had no other option but to bring him home. My mother and I are taking care of him full-time, and we're needing supplies. Adult diapers, bed pads, liquid foods and medications, are all very expensive, and again, the insurance covers none of it. I'm hoping to reach out to those of you who have left-over supplies: Large Adult Diapers, mattress pads of any kind, hygiene mouth sponges, Glucerna canned shakes...and anything else you could imagine a person in a coma would need. We will arrange compensation, so please let us know if you have any medical supplies to spare. Thanks for your responses and understanding.
Sincerely,
Jessica
I'm so sorry to hear what your family is going through. Does your father qualify for medical assistance? You can get many of these things through MA with a doc's prescription. Next I would recommend church groups - many congregations regularly "sponsor" a family in need. My niece's family was sponsored by a church in her area when her son was born with multiple physical challenges. Also look to your area's Department of Human Services or Department on Aging. These are all good sources of info and services.

Good luck and God bless.

Penn