Adults with Special Needs Community
downs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to basic needs, caregivers, day-to-day living, education and learning, family and friends, financial issues, insurance, hearing loss, medical Equipment and assistive technology, motor and movement, speech and communication, transportation, and vision.

downs

my son has downss, he is 26 yrs old and over the past few years he has got violent and aggresive (aggressive) towards me, what can i do? please help
Hi!
Aggression and anger is a part of growing up in individuals with Down’s syndrome. This is usually the result of not being able to do things their peers can or partial realization of their limitations. Usually counseling and therapy helps. Also, identifying the triggers of aggression and avoiding these triggers or diverting attention to something he enjoys would help overcome this. However, it is important to consult his treating doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
thank you. I forgot to mention he also has autism and adhd. the big problem is his he likes touching himself now and he can be up and down at least for 2 and half hours before he goes to bed for the night, he has also started soaking a towel to use to wipe himself and gets very angry if you mention about doing so.