Adults with Special Needs Community
help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to basic needs, caregivers, day-to-day living, education and learning, family and friends, financial issues, insurance, hearing loss, medical Equipment and assistive technology, motor and movement, speech and communication, transportation, and vision.

help

hi im a disabled man age 24 my question is how can i control my bladder so i dont have any accidents in my chair or bed ive tried everything but there are days where i either have an accident on my chair or in bed please help, i have been to my urologist but hasnt got any idea

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear your urologist isn't helpful. Are there any others in your area you can try? Unfortunately I think only a doc can help you with actually not wetting. Do you have the opportunity to change throughout the day or do you rely on someone to help you?

Penn
Can you self catheter yourself every few hours?  If you get into a routine of doing that every 2 or 4 hours then you will be more successful at keeping yourself dry.
I've heard that the longer you can go without the use of further medical assistance the better for disabled people....meaning self cath's rather than leg bags...I'm not sure if this is true or not?  Does anybody know?

I've seen in the disabled supply magazines underwear that has extra padding in them for someone who leaks a small amount....may be helpful....though I'm not sure who it was that sold these....
yes lots of medical supply companies sell those protective undies but you wanna buy one pair and if you like them then more cos for some people they can be uncomfortable and expensive and then there is throw away padding too that might help, Because I care for dissabled people I wanna tell you this, be sure and see if your government can help supply some of this stuff because you are dissabled, my guys where I live are helped out if doctor writes a note and prescription to this stuff and it is presented to the government agency that helps out. Some people are unaware of this help, not sure what your area helps out with tho, you need to ask.
Hey I'm 25  male Am multiply disabled myself, and have been having bladder problems for abut 3 or 4 years now, My urologist after doing a " bladder ultrasound, catheterised investigation of the waterworks ( if you get it done do it under general anaesthetic ) and a uiro flow annalists put me on Vesicare 10 mg. for an overactive bladder. it has helped out a great deal I can now hold my bladder for over an hour or so if needed and have less leakage although it does trouble me sometimes but far less than it did. that drug costs me $AU59.00/month.

Hope this helps mate, by all means get back to me if your interested in more information.

I know how embarrassing bladder problems are.

Good luck mate!

David.