Agoraphobia Community
Am i going to die ????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

Am i going to die ????

i had faced  an extreme attack of fear of dying. So called panic attack.with strongest ever heart rates and  some pain like sensation in the center of the head. I am going to die
my age is now 23
details:
4 years back  one  day i was alone in the house, i  drunk 3 glasses of milk with protinex powder (a supplement). After drinking i sat on the chair. Suddenly i felt that i have made an overdose. And my heart starting beating little fast. Then afterwards i felt that will get an heart attack and will die instantly. My heart was beating with extreme speed. I had some tingling sensations in the center of the head and i thought i was dying. In all those i ran towards my friends house. But till then i had calmed. I thanked God that i was saved.
Now again after 4 months,  i was watching TV, there i saw a program where people were discussing about heart attack , stroke, hypertension etc.
While watching the program i found  that my heart beats raised. And  i was extremely fearfull and got the same symptoms again that i recieved during my first fear attack. During this my mother calmed me.

My mother passed away on 20th feb. She was only 53 , but had a conginital heart disease (HER PULSE WERE LOW AND DROPPED AT NIGHT).  she passed away in her sleep. THE BEST THING I  LIKED OF MY MOM WAS SHE NEVER FEARED DEATH. I ALSO WANT TO LIKE HER.
Now  i just get a feeling that i will get this again and again  when i am alone.
When i goto any public place. I feel alone like everything i s washed away. i feel  like i am not in this real world where i was before. I feel pressures in the center of the head, get gasses in the chest.feel like i will go crazy.
Am i really going to Die ????
o goodness dear its so nice to read someone that has a similar situation as me. i fear death i have tried so hard to fight this i have good days and bad days there are days that im on the verge of losing it i feel like i have nowhere to go and im going to go crazy and have to be doped on meds to be ok, but i know deep down inside im ok and i just need to fight this, i have real bad depersonalization its scary because i feel not here alot very dreamlike im fighting everyday but it is curable we just have to be strong you wont die its all anxiety ive been "dying" for 7 months now ive had all kinds of blood work ekgs cat scan mri's everythingi have gotten a clean bill of health and im still scared. its all because my mind is doing this,
please answer this,
During your PANIC ATTACK did you recieved impulsive ,express fast heart beats those also gave some shock like sense in the center of the brain ??
Did you that time thought that you will die ?
wow, you are just like me! i have a major fear of dying, and my father passed away when i was younger from a heart anyerism, but my psychiatrist tells me its because he was a drug addict. My mother has some type of heart problem that she takes a pill for everyday but supposidly its not something that is harmful? my issie is anything with the heart even hearing about problems or watching tv programs like you) give me bad panic attacks. I guess im scared to have a problem or die like my dad. I am a hypochondriac with phobis's depression and panic disorder. Having pple tell me all the time im not dying or asking them a million questions until i start to calm down. My doctor has been helping me with this and its very hard to live when in fear all the time but it does get easier, you just need proper help on how to control your mind. Your not alone on this! i used to think i was the only one who had this issue or mainly with the heart but  i know now theres others who are dealing with this in particular.
I am the exact same way when it comes to my heart... I have such a fear of dying at a young age being that I am only 23... It consumes everything and makes for a miserable life... I too am a hypochondriac and always feel like something is terribly wrong with me.. I also thought that I was the only person dealing with this issue especially the attention to the heart, but it is comforting to know that I am not alone.. I hope one day we can live a fearless life but until then I will take it one day at a time.. I am always here to talk if anyone needs a friend.. It's easier to get through this with someone in your corner rather than alone :)
  I am surprised others feel this way. I felt very ALONE before reading these posts. Just last week, I got a bloody nose out of nowhere (possibly from high blood pressure because, I watched my grandmom die the day before. I thought I was dying when my nose was bleeding. I got so dizzy and began pacing around. I felt like I was dying or drowning. It was terrifying. So where do I go from here? I never told anyone I felt this way. I have been having anxiety about having another anxiety attack (if that is what it was). Im very afraid and I just hope there is help out there besides xanex and drugs.
Hey , I hope you feel better. I feel the same way too. I sometimes feel hopeless and I don't see how to ever be happy if we all die one day. Do people think about this? I always wonder.
I too am petrified that I'm going to die!! I never feel right anyomore and it scares me.  
I am afraid to take medications....so how am I supose to get over this??  I check my blood pressure and sugar everytime I have the strange feelings an they are always normal.  So what I'd causing it???  I just feel weird and not sure how to explain it.  Does anyone know what I mean or experience it themselves??  How do u get over it??  I feel like I'm not living my life to the fullest an its not fair to my children.  Again thanks for sharing your stories :)