Agoraphobia Community
Any Drs. in Cincinnati
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Any Drs. in Cincinnati

Does anyone know of any Psychiatrists in the Cincinnati area that take the Medicaid Card, it is crazy I can't find anyone that does
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1118884_tn?1338596450
Have you called University Hospital?  They might be good resource.

Surely, there are clinics where Medicaid is accepted.

Most psychiatrists here in Orlando don't take Medicaid...or as I discovered after retiring...Medicare..lol.

Still...I have a friend who was on Medicaid...and was never turned away from hospital...and got meds from a place here..thing it was called Lakeside Alternatives....so keep looking.

Good luck
Blank
1515545_tn?1291399364
Thanks for the help, I have been to the hospital twice for meds. and the clinic at University won't prescribe what I take for social anxiety, so I have made an appointment with a general doctor hoping they will prescribe the medicine (not sure if she will ) I have the appt. on Monday January 23, if she won't prescribe it then I will be back to square one being stuck in the house, the anxiety I have is so bad I was in the house for 8 months before getting the right medicine
Blank
1118884_tn?1338596450
Sorry to be late with response.  Missed your post of 1.20.12.

Hope the appt on 23rd went well.  Here is what I have experienced: anti anxiety meds are rarely prescribed by any doctors other than psychiatrist.
And most psychiatrists, unless you are well established, and have tried other medications with untenable side effects, will hesitate to start off with them.

Reason being (unfortunately for those of us who have a real need) the drugs are frequently abused and doctors don't want the responsibility .

Eight months is a long time to be homebound with anxiety. No one should have to suffer this with no assistance...no matter our financial situation.
Blank
1515545_tn?1291399364
Hi, I went to my apt. on January 23 and it went OK, she was willing to refill the Klonopin prescription for 10 pills for the month, I knew that wouldn't be enough but I didn't want to complain, anyway here we are 2 weeks later and she would not refill the prescription,  again so I did my own research to try to find the right medicine that would help the specific problem, social anxiety, and I found it, it's called Effexor it's supposed to be great for that disorder, so I called and asked her if she would be willing to try that, and she called it in, so I hope this medicine works because I will not go back to living like I was before
Blank
1118884_tn?1338596450
Good to see your recent post.  You may receive support in the Depression Community in MH.  Many patients have good luck with Effexor.  Believe it targets anxiety as well as depression, so is often prescribed for patients like you.

Also...it was good that you had temporary support from doctor with klonopin.

Stay connected as you continue to move forward...know you will feel better soon...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Agoraphobia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank