Agoraphobia Community
Can't even go get the mail and my husband is leaving

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

I have such an anxiety and for about six months I can't leave the house unless my husband is driving me. The trips I do make with him are only to my doctor. I cannot even get to my mailbox done the street without having a panic attack. I actuall was just put on a medication for blood pressure because my pulse has not gone below 100 in several months. It races up to 120-150 just going into the doctor. I also have Narcolepsy and they give me stimulants to keep me alert enough to do basic things. These stimulants make my anxiety extremely worse. Without taking them I sleep two to three days at a time and when undo wake up 4 to 6 hours I am back sleeping. My husband is so stressed out about his job and trying to get me to my appointments he has has a nervous break down. He is violent and so angry all the time he was told he needs to seek inpatient treatment and the doctor said he wants him there for a minimum of two months. I live in Hawaii and I can't drive at all. My anxiety issues has prevented me from making any friends here. I have no idea on what to do because the treatment place they are sending him is in Missouri! Another issue I have is getting our daughter to and from school which is 9 miles away and there are no buses that drive where I live. Any suggestions?
I would definitely suggest going to see a therapist, or calling one at least. Agoraphobia is very difficult to over come.
In the meantime, I would definitely read in-depth about your condition. Here's a good website to start at:
http://www.****.org/
can i ask do your doctor give you sleeping tablets? sorry to but im in a simuler place