Agoraphobia Community
Dramaine for Anxiety
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dramaine for Anxiety

I have a problem with Anxiety, and I've found that Dramamine is helpful for it.

Is there anything I should be concerned about in terms of taking the Dramaine for Anxiety?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1118884_tn?1338596450
I am not a doctor, but I suppose any medication that has sedative properties could temporarily relieve symptoms of anxiety.

Is your anxiety so severe it is limiting activity?  Keeping you housebound?  This forum was designed to support people who have such severe anxiety they cannot leave their homes.  

Best luck.
Blank
1349329_tn?1276988802
Right now it is, but it's so bad right now because there are alot of stressors in my life, and I'm trying to get off a medication, Tramadol, that was prescribed for me for my Arthritis pain.

I've been on it 3 months and I haven't taken more than the prescribed dose.  The Dr. and the Pharmacist said this was not an addictive medication, but more like a stronger version of Ibuprofen.

When I started trying to taper off it I began having such severe Anxiety that I haven't been able to sleep hardly at all for the past several days.

I've been reading the suggestions from the Addiction Forum about different supplements, etc., and I've found that right now, at least for me, taking the Dramamine and GABA are helpful for some of the withdrawal anxiety.

I'm also taking Omega 3's, Calcium, B-Complex, and staying away from Caffeine, sugar, etc.

From what I've read, I'm in for a tough ride, with alot of sleepless nights, so I've been doing relaxation exercises and trying to give myself "positive" self talk.  That I will get through this.  It's due to getting off the medication, and my body/brain will adjust given time.

I'm trying not to scare myself and over-react to what's happening to me.  It's normal under the circumstances, and I will be o.k.

Also, writing here is helpful, and it is helpful when people respond and give me encouragement.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Agoraphobia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank