Agoraphobia Community
Hadephobia Anyone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

Hadephobia Anyone?

Has anyone have the irrational fear of Hell? Or had a family member who suffered from Hadephobia? I would like to research how well this fear can effect someone.

Please state your Hadephobia experiences below. Can this phobia really take over a person's life? Im just going to put this in Anxiety forum I really have no idea where else to put it -____- oh well. But anyways, I would love to listen to your posts.

I dont want any stupid posts like, "what is she thinking?" you do know they are other forums for you to look at if you dont like this one.
I do not have that fear. When you have anxiety and or a phobia, you can have all sorts of fears. To you, they can be so real. To others, irrational. I wish I could be of more help. Maybe one of the other members will be able to answer your question.
...
Ok.
i have hadephobia, and yes it can take over your life. Ive had it my whole life and have tried putting it in the back of my mind but it always surfaces. It can and has taken over my life to the point where it literally effects everything in my life. Friendships, relationships, everything...and no one can understand unless you have it yourself. I believe that I have it because i grew up in the ICOC which is a christian cult so when I was 18 I left the church and it got worse but even when I was in the church following all the rules I still thought I was definently going to hell. How to get over it? not sure... I honestly dont think ill ever be able to get over it/
I had a fear all my life since. A child..I did incatation chants see spirits, have even been posessed called my self Electra. ..
I WAS A PAGEN WlTCH FOR A WHILE
I BECAME BORN AGAIN! I received Christ asked him into my life amd heart .confessed Romans 10:9-10 that he was the son of God and he was risen from the dead .I have a peace that passes all understanding now .I dont party or sleep around have gay sex bi sex I am pretty mellow I go to. Church and hear and or read the Bible daily when I sin I confesss it to God ask him to help  me. Overcome. ..I am no longer addicted to herion cokecain prostitution, or shoplifting.I have received holy spirit and once you got it it cant be removed ...I speak intounges much and pray constantly he is my daddy he loves me.I got kocked out of a church rhat was like a cult marked and avoided God really had to work with me i gave up and kept trying to kill myself withsuicide attemps drugs and unsafe sex risky situations I didnt care any more but God did.He never left nor forsook me .he just gently loved me till i started to care again.It took a while but it takes w hat it takes j u st be persistant  ...just confess your sins ask for forgiveness each day is a new day to try again till. You make it .find a church family and just keep working out your salvation one day one minute at a time..Remember God Is Love he loves you.
Unlike yzhealth I grew up in Church. At 10 years old right after I was "saved" I watched a movie called "The Burning Hell" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR8VkciG1jo), it scarred me for life. Will not go into all the details because I don't know if anyone will ever read this post but I will just say that yes, this phobia can take over a persons life. I'm 40 years old and still fighting to not go insane.