Agoraphobia Community
Heart arrhythmia..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

Heart arrhythmia..

Hello everyone, I'm just another normal kinda guy, nothing much to look at, anyways, I'm 31 years old, my general health is very good, all my blood work is within normal range, the only blood test I haven't done yet is the thyroid test, I suffer panic disorder and PTSD, but I doubt they are causing my symptoms, I get skipped heartbeats very often but small ones and usually I don't feel them, nothing serious, but last week was something else entirely, very scary, it happened out of nowhere and all the sudden, a huge skipped heartbeat felt like my heart is literally shaking or stopping for a split second or maybe more, the heart itself was shaking not my chest, and feeling that my heart is drowning towards my abdomen, very weird actually, I felt as if my heart is going to fall from its place into my stomach,  at that exact moment I checked my pulse in my neck and there for just a sec or less there was no pulse!!, then it came back to normal but I was drained and very freaked out,  yesterday the same thing happened again, now I know I’m not a doctor but is this Atrial Fibrillation? Or ventricular Fibrillation? Because I read an article about AF and the symptoms matches what I've felt exactly, Please folks any ideas, this is very scary, and the thing is I live alone and mostly my friends got so tired of me whining about my panic attacks they don’t listen to my no more, but this is serious and I doubt it got anything to do with panic, this is by all means different... I just forgot to mention that all those heart issues occurred in the past from 3 years but wasn't so severe,  back then I went to a doctor and he told me nothing to worry about?!  (WTF?) , I did lots of EKGs and Echo tests and also holter and all came back normal, except the holter showed 2 or 3 PVC's only, nothing Significant…Sorry about the long message, god bless you all.
The wonderful thing about the internet is that we can take a symptom we have and look it up on google and scare ourselves half to death, as well as we can take a symptom and google it and really push ourselves to start recovering from anxiety, PTSD and depression with the proper therapy and therapist.

To begin with you need to see your doctor who will advise you on the next step of your recovery, be it physical or emotional.  If you use the same doctor he will be able to see all your symptoms and in all honesty, you might have to ask him if it could be psychological....Most doctors are not
prepared to tell a patient that, but if asked the doctor is usually quite eager to suggest help with names of qualified therapists.

There is a genuine fear in the thought of your heart stopping and not starting up again, I can tell you that I really relate to your note.  But anxiety very many times keeps you on hyperalert to the heartbeats, and even a normal rhythm with a glitch every once and awhile is cause for panic.

You do not make your heart beat, and you do not make your heart stop.
It does the job it does without any help or interference from you, just like the blood running through your veins or the electrical impulses firing in your brain.  Continuous watching and counting is part of the anxiety
and with the proper therapist you can begin to recover from this malady...

Good luck to you...I wish you the very best that life has to offer.

M