Agoraphobia Community
Hello
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hello

I have been struggling with anxiety for over a year . I'm on citalopram and Xanax as needed. It's become very intense lately and is affecting almost everything I do. My biggest worry is having a heart issue. I'm only 24. I know it sounds dumb but whenever I lay down I feel an almost awkwardness in my left said right under my ribs kinda. Then I will start to notice twitches in my stomach and chest that really really freak me out and make me think something is seriously wrong with me. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ASAP AND GIVE ME SOME PIECE OF MIND
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1492418_tn?1289152863
have you seen your doctor with your concerns? assuming you have ruled out heart issues anxiety can cause all kinds of physical symptoms. try doing some mindfulness techniques, google or utube eckhart tolle to begin learning how to focus your awareness. deep breathing and grounding techniques can settle you down so you can decide if you need to seek medical treatment.
Blank
Yes I have been on regular medicine and my doc knows. I got EKG and blood panel done and everything came back healthy. He labeled me a hypochondriac and referred me to a therapist. Last night was really rough becausE I got twitches in the middle of my chest. I have to try and keep telling myself it's anxiety but it's so hard when I'm in the middle of it. Anything you recommend?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Agoraphobia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...