How long does it take for Lexapro to completely get out of your system after withdrawing
I have been on Lexapro 20 mg. for about 3 years.  I have been withdrawing from this med and am completely off for about two weeks now.  I can't believe how I am now feeling.  All the symptoms that people post are exactly the same for me.  BTW the posts all seem to be from 2005.  I am a female 62 and have gained fifty pounds in three years.  I am on SSD because I could no longer perform my duties at work.  This is a job I've had for eight years.  So many symtems on and off this drug.  No one answers the question of how long does it take to get completely out of your system.

Thank you for your help.

Rosemary
Don't know much about the med. But I hope this page helps you.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_do_Lexapro_withdrawal_symptoms_last
I am also your age and was on Lexapro for about 4 years(10mg).I came off it very very slowly and although I did suffer some withdrawal, such as short temper and anxiety, I had no other major symptoms.This happened for a few months after stopping the med.
However,like you,I experienced a definite weight gain when I first started the medication.
I do have anxiety, panic and agoraphobia, but I don't know if I would consider another med for these problems.
Good luck!