Agoraphobia Community
Morning Anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

Morning Anxiety

I have been suffering with severe morning anxiety for 5 years.  It's like there is an
internal clock which wakes me up the same time every day.  I immediately start
shaking as well as crying.  Anyone else experience this daily problem?
Yes I have had the same issue. Off and on and suddenly this last week has been very severe. Do you take medication for anxiety?
I haven't got much to say I don't think, but I wanted to help someone.  Yes, I get morning anxiety.  The best thing to do is to wake up and watch T.V. or listen to the Radio.  The night is a long time to stay in your own head/mind.  What are your dreams like?  I like a lay in myself and tend to fight the anxiety for as long as I can.  I find taking my morning medication helps, if that doesn't work, then there is no option but to get up.  The nights can be so hard especially if you have a troubled mind.  I suffer with G.A.D. too, so on and off all day I struggle with anxiety, which means to my logic that your mind processes what you've gone through during the day at night time, so natural to wake up in a state of anxiety.  I suggest to fight it with different measures - as sensible as you can! - No extra pills are going to help, trust me!  Anxiety is a habit forming illness in my view, break it down, shock it via for example - sudden change in routine.  Smash it down.  Don't let it get you.  Easier said than done!  I believe I probably haven't helped you.  Anyway my main point is, take control with little changes, it's help with myself for when I have made small changes it has changed the intensity of the anxiety if nothing else, and that's something!!  Beanie0 :-) x