Agoraphobia Community
Nortriptyline withdrawal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

Nortriptyline withdrawal

I was put on Nortriptyline 10mg Nov 2012 for migraine and anxiety. After a month I told the doc they were not working. My dosage was upped to 20 then 30mg. This made me feel worse than ever and made the migraines worse. With the agreement of the doctor I reduced the dose and until 2 days ago was on 10mg. I already feel more alive especially after feeling so ill the last month. Stomach problems, styes in my eyes, feeling very run down and not sleeping. I have been on anti depressants most of my life but since having a panic attack nearly four years ago nothing seems to work. I have decided at present to take a good multi vitamin, eat better and try and excercise more. My question is if anybody actually felt better or worse after stopping nortriptyline. I think I will be able to overcome the withdrawal effects as long as I know they are not going to last.
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
Long term use of anti-depressants has its own side effects. And now that you have decided to take your health seriously, you are better off without the drug. This has to be done in consultation with your Doctor. Slow tapering of the drug should be done rather than abrupt cessation. Life style changes, regular exercise, good healthy diet and vitamins will go a long way in making you feel better. Meditation and stress management should also be on your agenda. Involving family and friends will help sticking to the new life style. You can also take the help of a psychologist for motivation and improving self image.
Hope this helps.
I am also on Nortriptyline 25 mg for about 3 months. After a month I am not getting sleep at night and also feeling restless. I also feel down with low energy and not feeling to work. Apart from that my constipation has increased. when I try to quit the medication, I feel numb and restless. Can anybody help??