Agoraphobia Community
Really want to get out
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Really want to get out

Hi there , didn't know there was a anxiety forum and an agoraphobia forum glad I found this one! I get like phases of being agoraphobic I think mainly because of derealization , just wondering if anyone has any tips to feel better about getting out I really want to go out but everytime I do I just think about when I can finally go home I really want to be rid of this :(
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
2044027_tn?1330026828
keep telling yourself that you can do this, but take baby steps, just go get the mail, do that for a week, then go a little father, do that for a week, be strong, just keep saying I Can Do This, take a friend for support and someone who will push you to do this
Blank
1118884_tn?1338596450
Baby steps are the way.  After consistantly getting to the mail box as bugzbunny mentions...you will feel less anxious.  Do take it slow and easy..no race here.  The point is to lower that high alert anxiety that brings on fear and sends you back to safe haven.

I know if I let myself stay in for several days...it will be harder to get out and do what I must to care for myself and my cat.

We all have something that motivates us.  Or several things:).  Example: I had to pick up mail yesterday after a stressful doctor's appt.  It is the time of month I can expect bills.  Stressful in itself.  But I time the trip and am mentally prepared to deal with bills ....

Today I know if I don't get to the grocery store, will have to do a fast trip to 7/11 for expensive junk food.  I didn't do grocery shopping yesterday when I could have as I was in vicinity .  I know how much I can do in a day..and had reached my limit.

So...baby steps..and chipping away at things you must do as well as fun things.
Blank
2002341_tn?1330200526
Ive done baby steps but I've just had holidays and now I have to go back to college and I HAVE To go or I'll get kicked out :/ that's really stressful that I have to stay there all day because my tutor really doesn't get what I'm going through
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Agoraphobia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank