Agoraphobia Community
am i agoraphobic....????????..pls help!!!!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

i am a 19 yr old boy...ever since childhood , i have been finding my self very uncomfortable in places like markets when i am alone...also i have been staying very alienated with frens..and other people...am i agoraphobic...?????
also i love mixing with girls...but when i am with thrm, i feel very nervous  and concious...and i mess up things...that is why i dont have found my self a girfrend yet....pls help me...!!!!!!!!!
Tags: helps, pls help, nervous, help, other, help me, people, others, feel
I'm not sure if you're agoraphobic.  Perhaps you have social phobia.  
Are you practicing avoidance?  You said that you're uncomfortable in markets, being alone, etc, but do you avoid markets, and do you avoid being alone?  
If so, then you may be agoraphobic.  
I'm sure seeing your doctor wouldn't hurt at all, and maybe they can talk to you about taking some medication if you want to.  
As for you being ackward arounds girls, I would think that it's just an age thing, not an agoraphobic thing.  My son was the same way around girls when he was your age.  
Be patient with yourself about that, and try to approach a girl as a friend first.  
Us girls like the friendly, non threatening type of guy.  Trust me on that one.  
Please post again and let us know what you've decided to do.
Ducky
Dare I ask if you feel that you have no other choice but to stay at home? The second you open that hall door you feel your palms all sweaty. Your heart begins to race. You can't bring yourself to step outside of the house. Something tells you that if you do step outside, something bad will happen to you. Bad in the sense of panic attacks or maybe passing out in public.

There is a difference. There are those who can still go out. They feel awkward when they are out. Feel as if people know their is something up with them. At least that is their mind set. As is described above correctly, social phobia should be first checked out. I don't think you have a complete dislike for going out. You like it. But you just get that bit anxious when out there around people and in certain public situations.

One can lead to the other if allowed. Your dislike of the awkwardness might see you wanting to retreat more indoors. This doesn't have to happen though. All it might take is a simple course of medication and you might be a new person. Out there been the top dawg amongst all those females. And I'm not talking viagra either. ( LOL ) Something just to calm you down.

So a suggestion would be a visit to your doctor. Explain the situation and you have done to us. You will be tried out on some form of medication. Maybe some theraphy too. But we have all been there. Get those tablets. You have a life to live. And a good one at that. You already took the first steps by posting here. That shows you want help. So well done for that.
hello sir.....thanks for the reply...yes i feel a bit uncomfortable wen i move out at home...i think that everybody is watching me...and i become very concious....pls reply....thanks...bye!!!!
Like I said, social phobia can lead to agraphobia if one allows it too. At the moment I am under the opinion that you suffer from a social phobic condition. One that can be treated with medication and some theraphy. But the longer you let it go as it is the more it might force you to retreat into your house. From experience, what you can find with agraphobics, when they are out, they tend to want to hold onto things. Be it railings or walls or the likes. Afraid to let go. Afraid that if they do something bad might happen to them. As was stated, there is help out there. Just look at the mind. It is set to view things in a certain way as it is today. That can be changed. Changed so it won't see fear were there is no fear. At the moment it sees fear were there is none really. Kind of like taken a situation are linking it to a bad experience. Every time you are in that same situation you have the same thoughts. It's those thoughts we want to get at. To show ourselves that things don't have to be like this. That we can have full control over how we think and see things. That would come in the form of theraphy. But wouldn't it be worth it to regain full control of your life again? The medication side of things is just to help you along. Call it a ' pick me up '. We all need them at times. But it is up to you to take the next big step. The doctor. And work it out from there. Slowly you will begin to have that life back you once had. The more you succeed the better you feel about yourself. The more you think you can take the world on. Every step forward has a knock on effect in a positive way. So, you going to take that next step for us?