Agoraphobia Community
am i paranoid??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

am i paranoid??

im 24 and iv lived alone for a number of years now. for the last few years I have become very "paranoid" im my home espicaly at night. I always feel like there is "something" or someone in my home as in ghosts or spirits. I live with my child and when he doesn't stay with me at nights I cant bring myself to even go to bed so I sleep downstairs. I cant sleep unless there is noise in my house eg a tv. I always feel lyk there is something in the room with me. I have watched a few horror movies like paranormal activity and stuff but thins "problem" has been going on long before them,. I was concidering going to a fortune teller or medium but honestly I am scared of what she could tell me.. I am more frightened of the "unknown" as in things that cant be seen.i don't no if there is someone or something there watching over me like a decest relative or friend. I hope I am just paranoid and its all in my head but it gets to the point were I scare myself that much I have to leave my home and stay with someone for a night. please help me I don't want to feel like this anymore
Aaawww, you poor thing!  I wish I could give you a hug!  I think that you should see a therapist about this.  Not a fortune teller or a medium!!!  You need a licensed therapist.  Hope you feel better soon! - Blu
Hi there, it sounds to me like you are just paranoid and there is nothing to worry about. It is common for people to have a feeling that someone is watching them when they are alone because of the functions of their brain when thought processes happen, it gives the feeling that they are being watched but it is all in your head, I promise. I highly advise you to avoid seeing a fortune teller or medium as they will surely only make your paranoia worse. Also avoid watching scary movies. Try watching a comedy movie before bed as this will get your mind off your thoughts. Hope this helps.