Agoraphobia Community
how do i find a doctor for agoraphobia and panic attacks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how do i find a doctor for agoraphobia and panic attacks

this will be month number 2 housebound i  don't know what to do
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
first don't get overwhelmed, I always try to remember that I'm not alone in this.  there are lots of people who are fighting with anxiety and agoraphobia.  go see a psychiatrist they can help but it wont be instant and it can take a month or more for meds. and relaxation to start working.  Remember there are people who love you and its ok, even good to ask for help.
Blank
349780_tn?1309637558
Hardest part is going to a doctor as such, when you can't go out, and once there, telling him your story. May seem odd to imagine that a lot of people keep it quiet for so long, so as not to let others know they have problems. I did for over a year. Even from those who I live in the same house as. Had to finally tell the folks. I just couldn't hack the hiding any more. I simply couldn't go out. But still I kept parts of it secret till last year. Over 20 years of not saying how serious it had always really been. I knew it would worry my mother to bits. That was my thinking. But those first steps in getting help were great. It gave me someone to talk to. Things I wouldn't talk about with others. Then the medication helped me too. I needed something badly. To steady the ship. Normally you visit your own doctor. He refers you to a clinic / shrink. ( Well in Ireland anyway ) Then it moves on from there. Just a case of making that first contact.
Blank
hi im 18 i have had  Agoraphobia since i was 10 and have been housebound for the last 4 years

you really arent alone please stop it now dont wait as long as i did
Blank
1057454_tn?1254281064
jamom is exactly right. i have agoraphobia and have been isolated to my home for a year. I made a choice and had a friend drive me to a community mental health facility and my psychiatrist is helping me a great deal.

I hope this helped and i wish you well, God Bless

BeaAnn
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Agoraphobia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949