Agoraphobia Community
how do i find a doctor for agoraphobia and panic attacks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how do i find a doctor for agoraphobia and panic attacks

this will be month number 2 housebound i  don't know what to do
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
first don't get overwhelmed, I always try to remember that I'm not alone in this.  there are lots of people who are fighting with anxiety and agoraphobia.  go see a psychiatrist they can help but it wont be instant and it can take a month or more for meds. and relaxation to start working.  Remember there are people who love you and its ok, even good to ask for help.
Blank
349780 tn?1309637558
Hardest part is going to a doctor as such, when you can't go out, and once there, telling him your story. May seem odd to imagine that a lot of people keep it quiet for so long, so as not to let others know they have problems. I did for over a year. Even from those who I live in the same house as. Had to finally tell the folks. I just couldn't hack the hiding any more. I simply couldn't go out. But still I kept parts of it secret till last year. Over 20 years of not saying how serious it had always really been. I knew it would worry my mother to bits. That was my thinking. But those first steps in getting help were great. It gave me someone to talk to. Things I wouldn't talk about with others. Then the medication helped me too. I needed something badly. To steady the ship. Normally you visit your own doctor. He refers you to a clinic / shrink. ( Well in Ireland anyway ) Then it moves on from there. Just a case of making that first contact.
Blank
hi im 18 i have had  Agoraphobia since i was 10 and have been housebound for the last 4 years

you really arent alone please stop it now dont wait as long as i did
Blank
1057454 tn?1254281064
jamom is exactly right. i have agoraphobia and have been isolated to my home for a year. I made a choice and had a friend drive me to a community mental health facility and my psychiatrist is helping me a great deal.

I hope this helped and i wish you well, God Bless

BeaAnn
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Agoraphobia Community Resources
Top Anxiety Answerers
675718 tn?1449992146