Agoraphobia Community
i dont feel like my mental health services are really helping ??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

i dont feel like my mental health service is taking any notice of me , there dont really seem bothered , there have put me on medicine which helps me a bit and now there are trying to discharge me ive only been there 3 months but this medicine  does,nt get me out the house , i feel i need someone with me everywhere i go , ive had a mentor all through my secondary school life shes been there holding my hand all the way through school like , she was my rock if i should say so  , someone to lean on if anything went wrong , and im so use to having it , i feel i need it all the time . i just dont feel people really know how hard it is for me ... for people who dont have a mental health issues , have,nt a clue what people like us through seriously ! FED UP !
Sometimes having mental and emotional issues is tougher than the physical issues only because it can seem like people don't get the care they feel they need, as with the case with you. Therapists have seemed to help with mental/emotional issues more than doctors. Message me and I can give you some tips/techniques that could help you out. If you need someone to talk to, drop me a message anytime and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I have struggled in the past with certain types of issues like you have and got lucky with the therapist that I found. There is hope, even though I empathize with why you are fed up.
Yeah, it's tough being out on your own when you're so used to having constant support at your fingertips. It can feel a little like abandonment or as if people have stopped caring. But independence has to be learned sometime, right? The truth is, if your mental health services didn't think you were strong enough to send you out on your own, they wouldn't. It can be a scary thought taking life into your own hands, but everyone deals with that exact same fear. Everyone. What is right? What is best for me? Who am I? What should I do with my life? We all wrestle with these questions and honestly, there are no wrong answers. You just have to do what is right for you. People may not see things your way sometimes, but that doesn't mean you're wrong. We're all individuals! We have to do what feels best for us at every given moment.
If your health services believe you're strong enough to be out on your own, try to start believing it too. Trust yourself. Build up your confidence by taking baby steps each day to do the things you're scared of and you'll start to see they're not so scary after all.

If you ever need an ear, I'm only an email away.

All the best,
Brittany
Its the same way in my area. I was at a very bad state, I was sitting in the ER begging for help as I was so depressed and anxious I was thinking of suicide. I had just had a baby 6 weeks before. They sent me home. Just like that. Let me drive home and everything. There is a program at our hospital but in order to take part you have to have been hospitalized for mental health two times. Well they send you home and dont hospitalize you so I dont know how you are suppose to get in the program!
It is seriously frustrating and I am sorry you are having to go through it as well. I hope you can find a resource soon
I am going to delete this off my watch list, so if you still would like to talk, please message me.