Agoraphobia Community
new here

This patient support community is for discussions relating to agoraphobia.

new here

Hello all, I am new to this sort of thing. I am mother of 3, future step-mom of 3 more. I am 37 and had my first panic attack at 19.I didn't really understand what was going on but it has only interfered with my quality of life twice. The first time was about 14 years ago and through that experience I now have a fear of pills.I have experienced any and all symtoms (symptoms) ever related to anxiety and panic and probably some that aren't. I'm super sensitive, over alert, ultra aware, whatever you want to call it, to any and all changes in my body which make me panic. Anywho, this is the second time and this time I have lost my good job, gave up my new car after lease was over, stopped camping, floating river, pretty much everything I used to do on my own or with family and friends. I worry constantly about where my safe people are and whether they will be available if needed, actually worry myself into attacks. I have been doing this for about 3 years plus now. I have felt good enough twice in that time to leave town, freakn most of the time though. I miss me and am considering asking to go into a facility. But we don't really have any place that is specific for this stuff, just addicts, alcoholics, suicidal tendencies etc. I am in the middle of changing counselors in hopes of a miricle,lol. I actually googled any info about the Lucinda Bassett program and found this place by accident. I know that it helps to relate to people and feel less crazy for the moment. I do hope and invite any and all advice. I have signed up for the ymca but cant get anyone to go with me. Is there really any hope for us and finding ourselves again? Never really a depressed person and too afraid of dying to commit suicide but this is getting ridiculous. I loved life and felt like I was going somewhere and my idea of somewhere didn't look or feel like this. So being new here I don't really get the topic thing as it all seems related to me so not sure how to categorize my blog. Thanks for reading and hope to click here and get some insight.
"Waves at Mr. Green, knowing he'll be here to answer too"

Your story sounds so much like my own.  Especially the super sensitive part.  I'm WAY too in tune with my own body and emotional state.  It comes with the territory of anxiety and panic, I think.  I'm a big worrier, too.  
I'm not sure that a facility would be the answer, but a good therapist sure helps.  One that does CBT.  But the miracle lies within you.  It takes alot of hard work on your part, and facing your fears.  
It's an awful disorder, but trust me when I say that of all the people I know, the ones who suffer from this disorder are the sanest.  And the toughest.  You're not crazy, just anxious.  
Are you on any medication?  I know it helps some people, but then again, I know it's hard if you're med phobic.  Just know that you can get better with or without medication.  It's a personal choice.  
Let us know how you're doing and how the new counselor is working out.  
Welcome.  You are in the right place.  We are all veterans of the anxiety wars.  I have been helped enormously by fellow members of this and the anxiety community.

You can get better.  Ducky has urged you to get a therapist, and I second that: do try hard to find one.

If you can't drive, take a cab.  Just get help.  Know you said you don't want medicine, but be open to an anti anxiety at least to get you out.  You will hear there is no magic pill and it is true.  Mostly we get back to life, but on our own terms, slowly and surely.

First thing is to accept that you are agoraphobic.  All the worry will begin to leave when you find out that 1) you are not crazy, 2) there are ways to tackle it.  

What is happening to you is unfortunately a common story, life narrowing down to your home or apt.  Just hate that you had to quit your job and all the rest of it.

Mr G will be responding for sure.  He is the resident guru here! *another wave to our Irish lad*

We hope you will be with us as you start back out and fight this disorder.  Lots of us here to support and encourage you.  Hang in there!

Back by popular demand. ( LOL )

First of all a big hello to you. Welcome to the forum. Second of all you are far from alone on this one. We have all walked your steps at one point or another. We still walk some of them today. The only difference is we have learned how to get back out and about. The hardest part when you are slap bang in the middle of this is watching your life fall away from you. All those things you loved to do. To even imagine that something connected to the mind ( anxiety ) can be strong enough to take everything away from you. It is hard to accept. It is something we never want to accept at first. That our mind can do such things to us. But look on the flip side of the coin. If the mind can work against you it can also work for you. You just have to learn how to use it. That is were a good therapist or councilor comes in. To teach you ways of dealing with anxiety once it does kick in. I was in hospital for a spell a few year ago. Mixture of people in there. From anxiety to recovering alcoholics. The thing is they have various programmes in the hospital for each set of people. An anxiety sufferer would be on an anxiety programme. The recovering alcoholics have their own programmes. So you won't find a hospital for anxiety sufferers and only anxiety sufferers. They are a mix of conditions.

Medication wise. Lord who likes medication? Nobody really. I hated medication. Used to be afraid of what it would do to me. Can't swallow tablets even. Have to crush them. But I think I had to accept that i needed something if I ever wanted to get better. I do agree that theraphy, in some cases, can be good enough. But those cases are not what I would class as deep rooted cases. The problems are smaller. The situations are a lot different. It has only just begun. It can be dealt with with talk and CBT alone. But a problem that is deep rooted and has been going on for a long time needs a lot of work. The idea of medication is more just to help the person get back on their feet and be able to take up the fight. Because the real work is done by us. If we want to get better we have to go back out there were it hurts the most of all. Which is far from easy.

Going back out is done bit by bit. Nobody is suggesting you go out and climb a mountain today and swim a river tomorrow. I started back out in my front garden. That was my goal. Just to be able to feel relaxed in my garden again. The house was right beside me if I needed to go back in. But even the garden was a big step back then. As I had stayed in for a decade. Once I felt good there I moved to walked the local road I live on. May sound simple. Even silly. But that is the whole idea. You keep it easy. If you try run before you can walk you may end up falling back down even harder. This was just me getting back out for the first time. Babysteps. One step at a time. Making myself go that bit further each time. We have to retrain ourselves to use old skills we once had but have forgotten how to use. There once would have been a time were going out was easy. No thought would have been put into it at all. But somewhere along the line we have lost the knack of been able to do that. The answers are still there. Hidden away in our minds. We just have to find them again. Learn how to use them again.

If you can't go to get help, is there anyway at all that help can come to you? I know this can be done in some areas. Not all areas. But it might be worth looking into. Just as a starter. With a deal made that after a set amount of time you will then go to the therapist. Just use the net to check your local area. See can you find a list of good therapists. They may do home call outs.

One last thing. I think we are all aware of every little twinge and tweek that we feel. The thing there is to try and not give it any attention at all. I used to blow things up into massive things. When they would be nothing at all. I would panic over them. Make them so much worse. We focus on things a lot more. If we have no pains at all we wonder why we haven't and we go look for something to worry about. That is the nature of the condition. Common thing to do. Again a good therapist will be able to teach you how to deal with such things. How to not focus on these things. To put your thoughts elsewhere and just get on with things.

So keep us posted on how you are doing. There is always someone here. Once we wake up. ( LOL ) Time difference and all of that. Is only 9am here now. So I imagine the other lazy sods are fast asleep. ( LOL )
I thank you so much for responding. I thought I might just gt lost in twilight of the net. To touch a few of the comments: My agoraphobia is really the epitomy of the definition, fear of the fear itself, so home is not my "safe" zone it really has to do with a very select few people that I know when I'm feeling like i'm "losing it" they are the only ones that can talk me down. My fear of meds is from experience. I don't understand why they give meds that hype you (me) out when I'm already in constant fight or flight mode at any given time and they seem to be like pure adrenalin which make me panic even more. I have been offered some other meds that are in the class of anticonvulsants, which really freaked me out. Needless to say one never made it to my body. the majority of pills I have tried are in the SSRI class and those are the ones that hype me. I will say that I was doing well when I finally tried celexa and buspar together along with xanax as needed, but then lost insurance and had no dr. just had my stash of refills that I was using til a new dr came along, but in that time I had to call a pharmacist to inquire as to where to place my allergy pill in the mix as I only took it when I was really bad but it was slightly sedating and just needed an "expert" opinion. He completely freaked out with the concoction I told him I was on and without having my prescribing doc to refer back to, I didn't know what to stop and what to continue so I quit everything. A year and a half later, here I am and have tried to take those again, starting small as I did before but had brain shocks with buspar and wired out of my gills after seven days of celexa. So that bummed me out as I was hoping to go back to what worked before. I have a script for Prozac in my purse and have read enough on it that it has just stayed there as I probably wont take it and it will sit with the others as failed attempts or ideas of relief. I had my first intake with a new therapist last week but he is pretty busy and can only fit me in every couple of weeks. I did research and specifically asked for one that practiced CBT as that seems to be a big hit for us and a possible effective tool without the use of meds. I can drive but not very far from home and usually have to have my safe people within earshot in order to venture. My clinic I chose is fairly close to home and hope to be able to drive there on my own as that small feat feels like quite an accompishment. I should be putting all of this in my journal as instructed, but it never gives me any feedback. That is a habit I need to force myself into. I have heard it works well for getting some of the garbage out. Sorry for the rambling, I get going and it just starts flowing. It feels good to relate. I have a pretty good understanding of my illness but have yet to learn the coping techniches (?) as they require my ability to sit still and concentrate (what is that). LOL thanks again. I must go and get my chitlins on the bus.
I'm not going to write another book size reply. I will keep this one short. SSRIs are in my view for depression. I know people say they work for anxiety too. But mainly they are for depression. Depressive people are feeling down and need to be lifted up. That is what an SSRI is designed to do. Lift you up. Anti-anxiety medication is to bring you down. Relax you. An SSRI sent me through the roof once too. If we are already up we don't need something to bring us up even higher. So I can relate with that one. Once you had a bad experience with an SSRI you won't want to go near them again. It can put you off them.

The fear of the fear. I used to love talking about that. With my councilor. I might not have any fear but I still was afraid of what might happen. Chances are it would never happen. But we still live on edge. On full guard. I always describe it as like a cat who is ready to go into action. You ever see one up on all four paws with the fur sticking up. That is how we go about. Ready. Just in case anything was to happen. We are in full defensive mode. Even when we thing we're not. We expect the worst at all times.

As for simple ways of getting by? Without going into too much detail. The one mainly used is distraction. We have too much times on our hands. Simple as that. Too much time to think. And we think inwardly. So we look for thinks to distract our thoughts. Be it cooking. A hobby of any sort. I was once told to keep track of things I done during my week. I thought I was great writing all these things down. But that was not the idea. The idea was to show me how much free time I had. Time were I was doing nothing at all. It was that time I had to try and fill up. Bit like an exercise turned against me. It made a lot of sense to me. Just to see the free time I had. And to work and doing things during that free time. Might be something you can try out. I had to keep track of my moods, my thoughts, my reactions and my symptoms. Sounded whacky at first. But then you saw that they were all related. All 4 go hand in hand. The idea is to try and change the thought or the reaction. This is the sort of stuff a good CBT therapist will do with you. It is not just all about talking. There is work to be done on your part too. Which is for the good come the end of the day.

I will leave it at this for now. Others will probably add a bit more. Don't want to jump the gun too fast on you. Stop us at any time at all. Ask direct questions about anything we have written up. So we know exactly what you would like to know.
I relate to you so much and just want to tell you that you are not alone. I too rely on other people. I hate it and just want my life back. I have not been able to drive in 5 years. The loneliness of this disorder overwhelms me at times. I wish you all the best in your recovery I wish I had some good advise to share with you. I'm new to the healing process. I just wish you all the best!!
I think your name hits the meaning right on the head. I thank you and wish you the best as well. I think we all sound like we either are or were wingless at some time or another.Some have been lucky, no not lucky, informed and guided properly enough to find their wings again and we will too. I know it will take alot of hard work on my part, I just need told what to do by the right therapist. This horrible disease runs in my family but they have always and still do, self medicate. I have people all the time telling me or nagging that i need to face it and move on. My answer to that is I face it every day. I do not do drugs or drink to take the fear away. I am here for my kids whenever they need me and I am proud of that. I might not be who I used to be but I am here. I admit what my fears are and tell people about my disease and if all of that is not facing it, then I don't know what is. Thanks to everyone. P.S. My morning started off at 615 and calling one of my safe people and just asking to keep the phone on in case I feel out of control and let me know if they leave so I can plan my next move. I am supposed to comprise a support system but feel like I am asking for a babysitter for myself. The way I went about it this morn seemed to work for a few hours, enough to get some rest. Now that I am feeling anxious again and don't want to take another xanax, I tried calling her again to talk and her phone is off. I feel a bit offended and alot like a pain in the ***. Is guilt and shame a huge factor for anyone else. I hate asking for help and then when I get the courage to I have so much guilt and shame associated with it. I choked on my pride while makn the call and now I feel mad that their phone is off as if it is directed at me. So many emotions, so little time. bye for now. You guys have to let me know if it against some sort of rule here to let this much out or if it is an anything goes kinda place. bye for real now.
You can say what you want when you want. It is your own life you are talking about. So it depends on how much you want to tell of it. There are no limits at all. I can't say I have ever felt any shame or the likes. But I can understand someone who may feel that way. Consider that your whole life has changed. You may feel that you are letting those around you down to some extent. And have a sense of guilt over that. Especially if you have kids and there are certain things you can't do. It might not just be your life you are watching going by. You might see things the kids could be doing. But things you are not able to take part in. Thus meaning they might not be able to do the thing either. I have no idea of the age range. The last post when I read about a youngest son, on another forum, I trested it like a young child. Turned out the kid was 34. Didn't I half feel stupid. Maybe a tiny indicator as to the age group. So we can tell if they are old enough to be able to do things by themselves. My words above may be way off the mark if they are teens or older. Again I am thinking young kids. And how it could effect them as well. I'm trying to understand the shame part. Where does that come in? Is it that you feel ashamed to ask for the help? And to have to rely on others. It is the only place I can see that it may be a factor. I guess with the phone turned off we have to understand that the other person has a life too. You can become dependant on others. They are like your safety blanket. But to not have them there it is like your world is turned upside down. That is one of the first things a therapist should look at. To try and get you to not depend on others as much as you might do. I have no idea how much that is. But if others are willing to do things for us, we are willing to let them. Thus we fall into the trap of stopping doing certain things. If you get my drift. As for the nagging people. Tell them you are working on getting help. This has been a great first step for you. To be able to come on here and make the posts that you have made. Communication. That is exactly what it is. You have met a network of people like yourself. And you are sharing your story with us. I have no doubt it helps even a little bit. And I seriously hope you will take the next step and go see the therapist. You have said so much here. That shows you have so much to say. You know what you are looking for. But taken those steps is the hardest thing that will comfront you. Going were it hurts the most. But that is a good way off. Just think of where you are at right now. Don't have your mind on three weeks from now. I don't even think of tomorrow now. My mind is here. When tomorrow comes I will see what it holds for me. Hence we do things one step at a time. So speak your mind. And feel free to say as you please. Be it good or bad.
I totally agree with you it is something that we go through everyday and some days are very hard and painful. You can't just get over it and go on people that say that have no understanding as to what this disorder can do to a person most days I know I am truly doing the best I can just to get through the day.... the hours.... the minutes. I also was very ashamed to get help I just kept my pain to myself till I could take it no longer. I am 34 and I have needed help since I was a teenager. I've only been in therepy a few months. I wanted to do this for my son. So his life will be better than mine.  I think you are a very strong person to be able to stand up and say I need help when other's around you have not. Being a mother my self I know the pain of feeling like you are too dependent on others. The guilt that comes because even though I am giving everything I have to my child that it is never enough because I feel like he is missing out on things because of my fears. I feel your pain about feeling like you always need someone close by or there with you.  I'm sorry your morning was so rough. I wish you the very best. Never be afraid to vent here we understand what you are going through and maybe we can help each other get through this when the tunnel seems to long and the path to rocky.
Yes Mr Green the shame comes in asking for help and also because I used to be such a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl. Whatever sounded fun at the time, lets head out.Even if it was the last 50 dollars in my pocket to get us to the mountains and play in the creek or soak in a hot tub for the day or the weekend. Now I can't get very far unassisted and not much further with assistance, so I feel like I am a burden to the ones I ask for help and ashamed since I've never been one to ask for anything. I feel so guilty for the things my kids miss doing. They are 9,11 and 14. I also have a 9 year old (almost) step-daughter. I met my fiance when I was doing a little better than I am now and he has been there thru thick and thin, but we have never taken the kids out of town. We have gone camping once. We have friends that live in the country and are always wanting us to come visit. I am tired of making excuses as to why we can't or just saying no. I have found out since November with my old counselor that I have alot of garbage from growing up that I didn't think played a part in all of this but turns out that it may. Like I said before I do have a new counselor and hope to start seeing him on more of a regular basis. He seems pretty booked out so I won't know if it's a good match for a few more weeks. I am not the easiest person to understand I don't think. I don't get along with many girls as I was raised with boys and don't tolerate alot of crap. I am very outspoken and try not to offend anyone on here. Just kind of a tomboy and talk like a sailor and use a lot of sarcasm, so please don't hesitate to let me know if I get out of line. Peace to all!!!
There are two other posters writing at the moment who are going through the exact same thing. They know what they once could do. And they pair that against what they can do now. And it hurts to see your life as it is now. The things you are missing out on. Things that once seemed so simple. They are now a struggle. It is common to go through that. We would have all been there. Feeling like sh!t. Wondering why us. Why now. What did we do to deserve this. It's just not fair. I think it boils down to accepting the condition. That you are were you are right now and working towards making things better again. Nobody is saying you will the exact life you once lived back. But you will get a life. One were you can do things. It is just about working on the hard aspects of getting there. We have to go through so much to get to that point. That may mean a few setbacks along the way too. Which make us think it is impossible. But it is not. There are a few of us back out and about after years indoors. Those years indoors we would have sat there and thought the same thoughts. Felt the exact same way. It may seem like forever to get back to were you want to get back to. A never ending struggle. But we learn so much from that. I seriously think it makes us stronger people. If I do have a setback today I just get on with things the next day. You learn not to dwell on things. You learn to accept the condition. It may shape your life for you. Have you doing some things and not doing other things. But once you get a life back were you can do things again it will make for a great buzz. But to get there we have theraphy and medication and exercises to go through first. They make take time. A lot of time. They may drain you. Make you feel like sh!t at times. But that is all part of the road to recovery.

Don't worry about how you word things. The only thing you are not allowed do is a personal attack on others users. Which I forget a lot of the time and give honest answers to posts and tell some people what I think of their words and then get warnings and banned. So not exactly a saint myself. Mainly the anxiety forum I get into trouble on. Just some of the posting can go off topic. That's when the fun begins. ( LOL )
It is hard when you long for what you were like before. I often long for my old self and wonder where I went wrong and if I did something to deserve this. I have one good friend that understands me she lives far from me and I can only talk to her on the phone. I miss wanting to know other people. My husband, my friend and my family is all I let in and some days I close them out too.
My husband is a good man but he does not get what's wrong with me. Most day's he's supportive but other day's he gets really frustrated with me. It's hard for him to understand if someone knocks at the door that I won't answer it unless I know who it is. Or won't answer the phone if I don't recognise the number. This disorder does play hard on ones self worth. You'll find your self again and believe me I've had my moments where I sound like a sailor my self. I get so frustrated that I can't just beat this thing I've been able to battle through other things in my life but this one is hard to win. There is nothing wrong with being a tomboy I was raised in a children's home and when there are lots of boy's your right you have to learn how to stand up and take no crap. I'm glad your fiance is so supportive of you I hope you are able to find a therapist that you trust. You sound like a good mom and a strong person with a fighting spirit  I have no doubt that with therapy you'll beat the s**t out of this disorder and come out on top!!
First let me say how much I hate this disorder and the suffering that comes with it.  I've been dealing with since 1966.  I didn't hear the word "agoraphobia" until 1980, and let me tell you, I was THRILLED that there was a word for it and that I wasn't crazy.   Just agoraphobic.  I've been housebound off and on since then, and it's been a real struggle sometimes.  I understand feeling ashamed about it.  That probably comes from the looks on their faces when you try to explain what you have and why you can't go somewhere.  Not that they're being mean...........they just don't understand it.  I did alot of lying in the early days of this.  I remember accepting invitations, and then backing out at the last minutes, saying I was sick.  
I don't do that anymore, and all of my friends know that I'm agoraphobic.  There's alot of freedom in the truth.  
I'm married, so I don't have to ask my friends for any support or help, as my husband does the best he can to help me if I need it.  But I have to admit that I've isolated myself quite a bit, and don't ask him for help much either.  That's probably not the best idea, because then I feel like I'm on own most of the time.  My recovery has suffered because of it.  
I hope that if your friends have had enough of helping you, they'll say so.  Turning off the phone is one way of doing that, but it's sure not very mature, is it?
Being afraid of the fear (panic attack) is a crappy way to live, that's for sure.  But there's light at the end of it all.  It's just takes ALOT of work and strength.  
Anyway, keep plugging away, and keep fighting the good fight.  
And to Mr. Green:  You're a wise, wise man, my friend.  
Try to stay out of trouble....LOL  
I just got done celebrating my Dads birthday. It went well. These are all the folks I used to go to the mountains with and one of the gals asked if I was going this Memorial. I told her what was going on and she didn't quite know what to say and as for the rest they already know and rarely invite anymore. My Dad always does, he's my bud but just wants me to get up there and "deal" with it. Getting there is the hardest part. The closer to home I am when I have a really big attack the closer to home I stay. Like it sets me back again. One step forward two steps back. I have beat this once before, but under different circumstances. As for the one who turned her phone off, she is my aunt that has had panic attacks the longest in this family and has leaned on people for 30 plus years but since she doesn't have to leave the house for work and handles hers differently (self medicates) and has never reached the agoraphobic stage, then maybe she doesn't understand as much as I anticipated or isn't as tolerant as the ones she has depended on all these years. I don't know. I just know that I have been there beyond my willingness and capacity many many times for the people I am now having to ask for help. So I do feel I have a little right to ask as I never said no to them when they needed me. I have learned now that it is not my obligation to take care or worry about the ones I have for all my life and it's okay to say no. But do feel it's a little selfish to get what you want and then turn your back on the ones that have given so much to them when they needed it without hesitation. So I guess you could say it irritates me, yepper it does. But anywho, I can't wait to start therapy with my new therapist. Has anyone ever used the Lucinda Bassett program and had results. I bought it and it is kinda confusing, but feel like I should try it. Just don't want to spin my wheels.
       I read a story not long ago about a guy who was agoraphobic and had been suffering for years. He was married with kids and wanted his life back and decided to seek some help. He was referred to a support group for people with his condition. It took some real fight and I don't remember if he kept it up, but I do remember the irony of the story that really caught me too. Just how well can a support group help agoraphobics if they cannot get to them?????  Penny for your thoughts!!!!
I am really curious to know what meds have helped those of you who have tried them, with or without success.

Thanks a bunch
I was an xanax addict for years. Can't say that helped me. I simply abused it as it lost its tolerance and I needed a higher amount. Now I am on klonopin, remeron, valium and stemitil. I am happy with this mix. Works great for me. No side effects at all.
I used the Lucinda Bassett program years ago, and it didn't work for me.  But that doesn't mean it won't work for you.  I'd give it a go and see what happens.  It won't make it worse, so go for it.  I DO remember the tapes making me feel better about the disorder and not so alone.  
In the end, it's you who must do the work.  I know it's hard, but like I've said many times, us panic/anxiety/agoraphobic people are strong and determined when we want to be.  
And there comes a time when we've had enough of it, and want to fight it.  My daughter calls it "the gift of desperation".............
Makes sense to me..................
You know I have been wondering that very same thing about the support groups. I have a therapist I do fine with. Nami told me about a support group here locally  with lots of people dealing with the same situations. It's on Wednesday's at 5:00 I've known about it for a month and still can't even force my self to go. That's good your excited about starting therapy. What is the Lucinda bassett program???
Lucinda Bassett is a gal that had the same problems we do, and had finally heard on a tv program of a disorder that described her symtoms (symptoms) to a tee. She decided to go to the library and researched all the information she could on panic, anxiety, agoraphobia etc. She also used the info she learned and devised a plan along with a psychologist that could be incorporated into anyones lives that was wanting to seek help for the same issues. I bought it a long time ago and started going thru the material, which is alot, and at the same time was starting with a counselor. My counselor thought it would be a waste of time and so I never made it any further. So I was looking for some thoughts on the program if anyone had any experiences with it. Last night I did some research on the net about some of these programs and came across a consumer report site that has done their own studies to try and save us some time any money. The number one program with the highest success rate is called the The Linden  Method, created by a gent in the UK named Charles Linden. It sounded great and rec'd good reviews so I thought what the heck. What else do I have to do. So I spent my last 99 dollars and downloaded the program. I will let you all know how it goes. It looks like it works alot on filling in spare time and making you accountable for your time. People like us generally spend too much time giving our anxiety and panic too much attn and we need to divert that energy. It does not promise a cure without hard work but it does state that it is not a CBT based concept. It is not based on religion, which is good for me, I am not religious and have been told that the only way to get help is thru the Lord. So for a while I thought I was screwed. I don't base any of my feelings toward people and their religious beliefs or judge based on them either so please don't take me the wrong way. No offense intended. I just don't but have to believe I am worthy still. So I am going to start reading some of the material and see how it goes. Wish me luck!!!  

Hello to everyone else out there and hope your day was spectacular and effortless!!!

Am a retired librarian and have reservations about these 'programs' that are aggressively marketed on tv.   When I was working we used to get bombarded by requests for books written by people with no credentials or worse.  One of the popular self help guys (don't remember his name now) had been in big trouble with the law.

You know, we talk about the value of distraction and other techniques on this forum.  I get more from this than a book.   Remember we have had the benefit of therapy as well as simply being long term survivors.  This we share with you at no charge:).  And we are available 24/7.  LOL.   Good luck with information.
I really hope it works for you. I think different things work for different people. I know I drink Chamomile tea people tell me it doesn't work but for me it does help take the edge off and can help me sleep. I'm hoping medication will help me. It sounds like you have done a lot of research I know I'm kind of the same way always looking for something that might work. I've tried almost every herbal remedy known to man hoping to feel better. I don't like the idea of medication as my mom takes to many to keep track of. I'm coming to the realization though that may be my best option now if I want to get better. I really hope that works for you let me know!! As far as religion goes I think everyone deserves to be and feel there very best regardless of what you believe.
you definitely are worthy of a full and happy life. You sound more hopeful then you did at first that in itself is a great accomplishment in my book. I wish you good health and happiness.......wingless
Panic attacks often have a physical cause. Check it out. Mine was physical. And now - no more attacks.