Alcoholic, Living with an Community
9 Months

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

9 Months

Ah ha! 9 Months, catchy title huh? 3/23/10 I quit drinking for the rest of my life! Thats 9 months ago today! Yay me! 9 months ago i was diagnosed to be in the begining of the final stage of Cirrhosis. After finding a great Doctor to help me and communicating with him honestly I have made a most amazing recovery. My amonia (ammonia) level is under control thanks to a fairly new pill called Xifaxan. Ask your Doctor if its right for you! My platlette count is a little low and my bilrubin is only 1 point high. The rest of my levels are all in the good! Wow, I thank God! I don't hear many recovery stories as succsesful as mine although I sure wish I did. A couple of days ago I had a pretty scary thought, what if i would never stopped drinking. I dont think I would be here now. Instead I feel great and will not ever let alchol hurt me again! $600 a month I used to spend on beer and sit home every night drinking it! Im 38 years old. Will you be lucky too? Do you really wanna roll the dice? Quit drinking now!
Great post. I quit for other reasons around the same time. My thoughts are clearing up. My hands do not shake. But I found myself in a state of shock how ETOH stole so much from me. I too will never allow that demon to touch my body again. I really never tallied just how much beer wine and liquor rang up. I do know it cost me a 500,000 house and 45000 house to foreclosure and about 50000 in scam artist. It is a very expensive habit. Thank you for saving my life NCBON.
I quit for other reasons around the same time. My thoughts are clearing up. My hands do not shake. But I found myself in a state of shock how ETOH stole so much from me. I too will never allow that demon to touch my body again. I really never tallied just how much beer wine and liquor rang up.