Alcoholic, Living with an Community
Help with living with my alcoholic boyfriend at the end of my rope.

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

I really need some support.  I am living with my boyfriend for two months who emotionally abuses me.  I have bi-polar and really don't have much self esteem.  I don't need him to support me.  He has moved in and i dread getting up in the morning.  He starts his day with 3 beers.  He has no license he drinks all day at work and comes home and continues to drink until he goes to bed.  Please help!! I am going to an Al-Anon meeting for the first time tomorrow.  I know I need to leave to leave him but I am scared.  I don't want to be alone I am 48 and I feel that it's better than nothing.  I do see a therapist.

Any help would be appreciated.
do you mind if i ask how he supports his habit of drinking all day like that? i am here if you need to talk. but it sounds as though you already know what to do....just have to take the initiative to actually do it, you know?
I am so sorry for your predicament.  I do know that your boyfriend is an alcoholic and an abuser and he will not change. Considering the fact that you also have a mental illness he is additionally manipulating you if I am guessing correctly. You certainly deserve better.  Don't be scared. Be strong. Sometimes taking the action that scares us the most is the action that wil make us stronger than even we knew ourselves.  I know, I am leaving my alcoholic abusive boyfriend when I realized things would never get better.....he loves the bottle more than he loves himself or you.....and things will just get progressively worse and there will be nothing left of you in the end if you continue on this path.  Take care of yourself.
You should have  'Citizens Against Domestic Violence'  housing in or near your area.  It may not be called that where you live, but it's for women who want out of abusive relationships.  They will go as far as to pick you up when he's not home, meet you somewhere, or get the police to help if needed.  Then you will be taken to a house that he will not know about.  Even if he does find out about it, men are not allowed in, period.  The security systems in these houses are excellent.  The staff there will help you with everything you need, from getting a restraining order, to access to clean clothing and a shower, to a counselor who will keep all your info confidential.  PLEASE try this.  If you don't, you will just remain unhappy. - Blu
its easy to see the problem ive been in a relationship for 2y 6mth ive nown this man 12y i am tea total my father was an alcholic and died at 54 i was sexually abused as a baby by granfather  then my brother i left home at 14y old and started my life as best as i could  i had a 16 year marriage we had 5 kids fostered for 11y when i told my mother at 31y old what her father and my brother did to me she said she knew i have not spoke to her in 14yrs my marriage ended because i walked out and left kids with there father who was great had 3y alone met someone else and suffered domestic  violence had a child with him who was taken and adopted drugs and alot of anger and my 1st prison sentance at age 43 just buried my sister in law and 3wks later my grandson .my alcholic partner has anxity and stress , severe self harmer,  but he is lovely but when he drinks its his vile tongue  and the mental cruelty  i think that some people in life are here to be percicuted i took my sisters ashes and jumped in a cab 45pound later i was picked uup at railway station i had to leave or my life could be prison for ever