Alcoholic, Living with an Community
I know I'm an alcoholic

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

I know I'm an alcoholic

So I have been a heavy drinker for 10 years. It's only gotten worse over time. I knew it was bad but never would admit it to myself. I'm 29 now and have 2 young children. I've been with my wife for 9 years, married for 6. We both drank heavily before our daughters but 3 years ago when my wife got pregnant she quit. She drink on occasion now that both daughters are here and she is not pregnant. But I've been a closet drunk, well thought I was good at hiding it. She asked me to leave on Friday the 13th of this month. The day before valentine's day. She said she loves me but is not in love with me anymore. I went off the deep end with feelings of "who does she think she is" and "well that won't stop me." This lasted till the 18th when I attempted a 30 day rehab like she told me I needed if I wanted to save myself and our marriage on the day I was kicked out. I ended up getting sent out of state for 2 Weeks on that thursday the 19th. I didn't tell anyone other then the family I was going to and my parents. I finally talk my wife on Friday night and explained that if I had told her I wouldn't have been able to take that first step. Well like before I'm not good at hiding stuff and she had a hunch I was headed here. I did mention to her that if the rehab place wasn't right I was going out of town. The family I'm with is alcohol free 100% and I knew they could help. I'm 6 days sober as of today with the will and want to better myself and not look back. My problem is that my wife had a feeling I was coming here and mailed out the divorce papers she had filed the Wednesday I was supposed to go in. So I know this page is for addiction but I'm also including my other issue. We have never seperated or even gone 1 day without talking. I'm heart broken and scared. I still have no craving for alcohol even ate getting those papers yesterday. I guess my questions for all of you is how do I cope with this and stay sober? Also is it to late to get my wife to live me again? She has told me before she would leave if I didn't stop but I guess I never took it seriously. What do I do now?  Thanks
            Jarid