Alcoholic, Living with an Community
Is this the beginning? Am i overreacting?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is this the beginning? Am i overreacting?

I have been with my fiance for a year and a half now. We are a young couple and going out with friends for drinks has always been a regular weekend event. he would often say that after having a few drinks was when he felt himself. I never thought much of it...
About 4 months ago things changed. when he goes out he will binge drink to the point he cant walk, passes out, vomits all over the house. He tries to start arguments with me over nothing and screams at me about things that dont make sense, sometimes infront of friends. and creates situations he knows will hurt me. I have stopped going out with our friends, as i dont want to drink along with him. I make excuses to my family and girlfriends about our arguing. He tells me after each time that it wont happen again and says 'cant we just forget it happened.' he has shut me out completely and will not talk to me at all anymore.
He doesnt drink throughout the week, just binges 1 or 2 nights of the weekend, so he says he doesnt drink enough to be a alcoholic. And wont take me seriously when i try to tell him how much im hurting.
a couple days ago i told him to stay at his parents for a few days, in the hope he would see how serious i am, he said he was going to take the time to try and figure out whats happening.
the weekend he left he got drunk 2 nights and went out with 'friends'.....
since this all started i have been asked myself what i have been doing to make him so angry, so unhappy. ive dreaded every weekend, and avoided him so i dont say or do anything that he can yell at me about later on.
I know i shouldn't have to do this.
I love him with all my heart, we have had the big engagement party and expensive rings, when he isnt drunk, he is the most kind and caring and sensitive man you could imagine. i want to marry this man.
i dont want to leave unless i know there is no hope of it ever getting better. I want to be with him but i cant put myself through that if things wont change.
I dont know what to do, if im doing the right things, or if he is right, that i am blowing this out of proportion and i should get over it....