Alcoholic, Living with an Community
My cousine is addict to wine and like drugs.

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

One of my cousine is 28 years old. He is addict to wine. He is not earing any thing. His marriage was a love marriage. He has sold out much of his assets to arrange for drinking. He is harrasing his in laws to arrange money for his needs. He is now staying with his in laws. He has three children of above eight years age. His in laws are worried a lot. After drinking wine he fells somewhere on the road and sometimes he calles from there to his wife and then she has to run to bring him to house during late night. I sopke to him . He says that he requires tretment to stop drinking. He says once he took treatment of a weak. After that when he smelled the wine it smelled like urine. But that effect is not there. Is there any good treatment therapy for addiction to wine in India, if so who are the people doing this job. If not please suggest me the links from where I can find out any solution. If possible please suggest some medicine for him to stop drinking wine.
Hi...I don't know of any detox facilities in India other than a hospital. He should definitely see a doctor and not attempt to stop drinking on his own. A doctor could help him if he's willing to receive help.

Good luck!
When someone becomes physically addicted to alcohol it can be very difficult for them to quit on their own because their is a physical withdrawal that they have to go through.  I was able to find this on India rehab centers:

http://www.gatewayforindia.com/articles/addiction.htm

Keep us updated on what you find as this would help others in your area with the same issue.  By reading the article there unfortunately seems to be an increase in usage in India :(