Alcoholic, Living with an Community
Partner drives drunk

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

Partner drives drunk

I have a situation that I dont feel like I am equipped to deal with. My partner is a binge drinker. I am not sure I'd call him an alcoholic, but when he drinks, he dtunks himself into oblivion. He went to watch some basketball games today, and invited me to join him later. When I arrived, he was very drunk. As we were leaving, I said I'll drive and we could get his car in the morning. He refused, and got in his car anyways and drove. So 2 things: he drove drunk, and he drove drunk knowing that it would make me unhappy. Now we are home and I am getting insult ann dyer insult slung at me, I am trying to get him to see that I don't wsnt him driving because it is dangerous and he could get a dui, but it is all on my shoulders, I am the horrible evil person who was in a watch hunt. How am u supposed to act here? What am I supposed to say??? I am obviously not getting thru and making everything worse!
(1) Call the police on 911 when he ids in this condition, give them the plate number and identification of the car and have him arrested!

(2) re-read suggestion (1)

Are you waiting for four pre-school children and their mother's are killed, paralyzed or maimed for life  by this sickening irresponsible moron?

He doesn't need therapy He needs...well I can't say what he needs here..
Ditto caregiver222 !!

The four pre-school Children and Their Mother are the #1 concern here !! (and all other innocent people on the street)

A DUI would have been earned and deserved !!