Alcoholic, Living with an Community
There's Always Hope

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

There's Always Hope

This year was the toughest my husband and I went through. His alcoholism brought me to desperation, depression, frustration, etc. My son saw things he shouldn't have seen and heard things I wish he hadn't. My husband was battling a spiritual warfare and I just about had it when God told me to hold on. I drew closer to Him and God drew closer to me. Soon enough my husband started enjoying going to church with me and he gave his life to the Lord when something happened that terrified him. He saw the light in Christ and he's a changed man.
We can't change our men. Only they can make the decision and God helps with the rest if they let Him. There's always hope. That doesn't mean we should stay with them if they are abusive. Each case is different because our men are different. But there's always hope. Pray....that's all we can do sometimes. I will be forever grateful to my Lord for saving my marriage, my family....
My dearest friend, I am so thrilled at seeing what the Lord has been doing in not only your life but your husband's as well. I am so blessed to be able to witness the transformation that the Lord has done these last several months! I am just so much in awe of what God is doing in your life and your husband's!

This is such a testimony of what God can do and wants to do in all our lives! And it gives others such hope where they think there is none.

I saw how bad things looked with you all. I saw the power alcohol seemed to have on your husband and how discouraged you were for awhile. And then I got to witness the power of God as He broke this addiction off your husband!

I know how easy it is to get discouraged and I have felt that discouragement. But you give me (and others I'm sure!) hope that God will do for us what He has done for you.

First I got to see one of my best friend's marriages restored by God and then you and your husband all within this last year! I'm determined to start believing and claiming for my family to be next! I'm going to start believing and praying more positively that God will restore, heal and renew my family as He did yours and will truly break off this power of addiction over my husband and that he too will be able to truly give this over to God once and for all.

Please continue to keep me and my family in your prayers (I know you do!) as I will continue to pray for you all. I am so blessed to call you friend! Let's keep fighting the good fight and give God all honor, glory and praise!

Your sister and friend in Christ
Amen, April! :D I know you prayed for us through our struggles! I am SOOO grateful! God heard us, my darling. You are special to me for sticking it out with me ;D
We can't change our men, but we can pray for them and cast out the enemy in the name of Jesus.
I will certainly continue to pray for your family and believe God for your miracle.
I just want people to know there's always hope, no matter how many years they've been addicted. AA didn't really work for my husband, might work for some. The Almighty's recipe for recovery did it for us.
He hasn't been perfect. He did slip under peer pressure, but he did repent and I believe in him. How can I not? I've seen the power of God through him :D
All glory be to God for this miracle...
Thank you, my friend!