Alcoholic, Living with an Community
When is it time to leave?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

When is it time to leave?

I have been dating Max for seven months and thought he was "the one." As our relationship progressed I began to see that our going out to party was more of "a time for him to get drunk." He drinks more than anyone I know, has to finish my drink, even if I have one swallow left, and has occassional blackouts. He also get's to a point that he will look at a bottle of alcohol, tell me how beautiful it is, look at it longingly and caress it. Accompanied with this is he has started to be verbally abusive to me when he dirnks a lot.  On one occassion specifically he was so mean to me at a club that one of the servers asked if I needed help. We went on an extended vacation with another couple a few weeks ago. A vacation that should have been fun and active was centered around the next bar and getting durnk every night for him. He went after me verbally three times in those ten nights out: calling me a ***** (I am not), getting jealous, loud and angry. Is it time to leave?  Problem is, when he isn't drinking he is the sweetest guy around. Recently he said he needs time to "think" because he is working through some things. Should I give him time or get out while the getting is good?
Tags: alcohol and abuse
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4591205_tn?1410608774
run...run far and run fast.... u can't be in a healthy relationship with an addict they will always love their addiction more than you
Blank
5039239_tn?1364028271
You are with an alcoholic, and when he drinks he gets abusive. He should have been honest with you from the start about his drinking problem. If you can get out, I would get out. Alcoholism is progressive, it's going to get worse. Protect yourself and leave him.
Blank
209987_tn?1334790318
I concur. Been around them all my life...they never get better ( without help ) just worse. My dad died two years ago from his drinking...hubby and one brother are next.
Kind of makes me glad that my one son is diabetic...he can't drink, so won't succumb to alcoholism.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alcoholic, Living with an Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...