Why do I think I can drink?
Hello....
Please help....Today is day 75 clean and sober.  Previously I was sober for 2 years.  My life is in the Sh...t hole right now.  My bank account is negative...I have no job...the car needs gas....my son needs lunch money...and what am I doin?  I am thinking I can drink just one beer and be ok.  Would just make me relax.  I have even already counted my change.  I have to go pick my husband at work in 1 hour and could just stop at the local gas station.  Why is it that we alcoholics believe we can casually drink and not go back to our ways.  Please help me not take drink!
Congratulations on your 75 days sober!

I pray that you didn't stop for that junk, as you seem to be in "the know" about your problem.
You're right...for some reason alcoholics DO believe that they can have "just one"...but can't.
Have you joined the depression or anxiety forums? I think they would do you a world of good too.

I know you're in a world of hurt right now, but it shall pass. Think positive, think strong thoughts. You can talk yourself through this.

Hope you're doing alright this morning.
Thanks...I made it another day! So heres to more sober days!
We're all very proud of you, and we're cheering you on all the way!