crushed and alone
My husband of 3 years is a bad drinker. He drank socially when we first started dating ...then he got two dui's  within a month of each other. I stuck by him and helped him thru all the legal stuff ..well the drinking increased to when he was off work then to drinking while on breaks at work. I had a few phone calls from concerned co workers to come pick him up. Then he started fighting with me and choosing other people over my needs. We separated a couple times for a few days here and there. He started getting mean when drunk 2 years into our marriage. He went on this road trip with a "friend" to start us a new life but that ended up with my savings gone and his friend in jail and my husband stranded 3 hours away from me. Well I moved up to the place he had gotten a job and a house for us....the drinking and some drug using continued. The violence started when he was stumbling drunk...then I would be called names and told everything was my fault. 4 jobs later he still was drinking on breaks and costing us all our money. A few nights ago he got into a fight with my son over an iPod that ended up with my son choked and beaten. The cops were called and they removed him from the house. I moved out the next day. He still claims he has no drinking problem and that me and the kids are the problem ...I still love him and think if he gets help that there might be a chance ...am I just holding onto something that will never happen?
Sorry to say it, Raevyn.  You and your kids need to get away from this man before he does something worse.  He will not get help until  HE wants it.  Period.  Please check out our alcoholism forum... lots of great people there who know about this!  Blessings - Blu
We did get away...we are about an hour away from him at a friends house. All of his family and what remains of his friends are worried about him as am I. He keeps saying he doesn't have a problem....and it was never a problem...but everyone can see it. I know I need to move on and let him hit the bottom...but I don't think he will see it as his issue....I will continually be blamed.