Alcoholic, Living with an Community
help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

help

hi,

I am new to this ...a matter of fact i have never done anything on line like this before, but i need to talk to someone to get suppport and felt that some of you could relate and share some experinces to help me get throught this difficult time.

I am a mother of two who recently left her alcholic boyfriend of almost 5 years...it was a stretch of incredible romantic times this man gave me something no other man has ever given...i new from the beginning that he enjoyed the drink but as time whent by i relized pretty early on that it was a need that was much more important then me. Over all he was good to me except when he was drinking...he never hurt me pysicaly but emotionaly he knew how to hurt... he did the normal alcholic things, dissapear, chat on line with old girlfriends, run away, ignore me, fall asleep, and i did the normal things that a person does when they love an alcholic...I tried to change him...and when i did all hell would break loose it was a consistant pattern thay became heart breaking... I left him for 3 months...during that time he begged for me to come back into his life...he wrote poetry, qouted scripture about forgivness, addmitted to his alcholism (alcoholism), bought me an engagemnet ring and put a amazing addition on his home for me and my family to move into...he even quit drinking...I went back and for 4 months life was good...he was sober, we were in love and better then ever...I thought this man finaly had his drinking under control...he never seemed to go through withdrawl (withdrawal) and he focused on preparing our home for me to move in...he even offered to put in my name that way if he screwed up i woulden't feel as though i had given up my home and life for nothing...well almost 6 monts ago now i made the big move...moved in, decorated, and decided to make a life together...3 weeks later he was drinking again and this time after crying and begging to get professional help told me he deserved someone who understood he wasent going to change...he would not quite drinking again! And he was right...this was not the life i wanted , so I moved out the fowlloing day back to my home that thankfuly i had not rented yet and back to my safe life! We have seen each other (except for once out and about) in 6 months...he has however, used every tactect again to try to get me back or hurt me...he has sent horrific text and emails has thrented to sue me for the addition and money he helped me with over the 5 year period...I have moved on am dating a wonderful caring sober guy...but more importantly am very focused on me and my children!  the weird thing is I feel i will always love my alcholic x and can't seem to get over the loss...even though he has caused so much pain I still miss him and worry about him...the guilt of someone who has loved and tried to fix an alcholic...I dream about him constintly and wonder if i will ever get over this very sick love of my life!!!

Help