kids of an alcoholic
has anyone with children left an alcoholic?  what happened to the kids?  I left my husband a year and a half ago and my attorney told me to bring pics and stuff like that, but he ended up getting the kids unsupervised every other weekend.  I immediately took him back because i was scared for the safety of my kids.  I can guarantee if the smoke alarm went off, he would not wake up.  He doesnt take care of them at all, I cant guarantee they would even eat.  My two year old who is in a crib, my husband has never gotten him out of the crib,  I can see him sitting in the crib the entire weekend.  I want to leave again for good, but I fear for my kids to be alone with him.  On one hand, I want to protect them and get them away from him, leave him, on the other I want to protect them but that means to stay.  this is just a terrible way to live!  any suggestions??
I would talk to a lawyer and see if you could get a hearing with a different judge...one that understands how alcoholics work.
Let the judge know that he does stuff like this, and demand that he have supervised visits only.
I can't leave my little guy alone with hubby either...he'll drink until he passes out ( which he did on two occasions) and then the little one is on his own until I get back.
I never go anywhere any more...just sit at home or take the little guy with me.
I'm the child of an alcoholic... My mom recorded everything in a note book..to include times and dates, took pictures of everything... Then went to court, she had a lot to lose, half of her military pension... She told my dad, you don't pursue I won't hold them from you, you can come to see the kids at my home, and I won't take you for child support.. She struggled...but she won the safety and security of her kids...