Alcoholic, Living with an Community
what do i do for my brother

This patient support community is for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit for discussions relating to abuse, behavioral issues, caring for yourself, counseling, divorce and separation, enabling, guilt, and when to get medical help.

what do i do for my brother

To anyone that is reading this I would really love to have some sort of input that would help me. My little brother is 19 years old and is in his so called "party stage", and I am very worried about him and his health.
Most people have partied when they were not of age at one point in their life, I have, however I feel that my little brother has taken it to far. He drinks every day and when he doesnt he shakes and looks green, smokes marijuanna everyday, and has recently started snorting adderall (adderrall). I feel that he is physically harming himself, and I dont know how to help him.
He is on probation, but does not care. My parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, everyone in my family have tried and tried again to help him, but we are at a stand still. My mom wants him in rehab as do I because I feel that it would really help him, but do not know how to get him there.
What do I do?
I am very lost, and scared!
Please help Thank You
I'm so sorry you're suffering so much.  You are a great sister to come looking for help for him.

Have you or other family members considered an intervention?  I'm sure others here who have some experience with this will reply to you soon - you may want to post your question again in the substance abuse addiction forum and you'll probably get more replies there.

Good luck to you.  I'll keep you and your brother in my thoughts and prayers.  :)
I wanted to follow up with you to see how everything is going with your brother, any progress at all?
I have been in your shoes for over 15 years with my brother AND sister. So he doesn't care? Addicts never do. Only care bout their needs and nothing else. Probation hasn't slowed him down? He must not have a probation officer that checks on him to much. He will care when his stupid *** ends up in prison and he has to go without drugs. At least for a minute he will. My brother and sister always ended up going back to drugs after prison even though you couldn't stack the bibles high enough that they were "never gonna use again." HA! There really isn't anything you can do. It's just gonna stress you out (it will anyway) if you try to figure out a way to get an addict "better." As an addict I was the only person that could stop me and when I made a decision to quit and really wanted it I did, but no one else could have stopped me. You can't tell no one nothing! They don't listen and have to go through it themselves and find out. I'm sorry that you are dealing with this. I know how hard it is to sit back and watch someone you love destroy themselves and I wish I had an answer.