wive just out of rehab and has relapsed
I love my wife but she hates me for not helping her with her addication
Hi. Would love to help, but could you elaborate more on this subject. Thank you.
I would love to help you too, but can you please explain further.
i have been going to aa and al anon for help. i am als an alcoholic in recovery many years. my wife is active and just out of rehab. life is hell right now for me and my teenage girls. I know that my wife has to hit her bottom or she may never find recovery. I have spoken to my aa sponsor and he tells me to detach with love. I find it very hard to do. my girls are upset with me for trying again. I am trying to get them to ala teen. there are not many of these meetings in my area. I have taken the car keys away from her and she did get very angry. I said I would never forgive myself if you got killed or killed someone else while drinking and driving. I know you must hit bottom, but how much more can I take with my girls. looking for suggestions.
Dealing with alcohol addiction is a real rough situation. My heart goes out to your whole family! Sweetheart you are going to have to have a heart to heart with your wife. You talk about your kids the way a father should, because they are witnessing all if this. Taking away love is not gonna stop the situation, support is the key if you love this woman. I know is hard, and if you can't deal with it anymore you need to get serious help so you can have for family back. It sounds like you care and i know if you just give up you will blame yourself in the end. So keep trying.

I'm here if you ever need support, Lexis.
Thanks Lex. Woke up this morning and she is willing to go to our girls games today. AA suggests no enabling and no provoking and there is a third which slips my mind at the moment. I still have hope and pray for her every day. I know the signs in her when see wants to drink and I see them now. I asked god today to help me get through today without getting angry, resentful and acting out as the victum with her just for today. I speak to her parents often and her dad is quite depressed. I told him and his wife to try al anon for themselves. They are at the point of cutting her off. I told him the time has come to do that, and to state to her that they still love her but hate what she has become. What a roller coaster ride. With being so close to her it hurts deeply witnessing her progression. When she is not drinking and she brings up recovery, I just discuss my experience on how I got sober and how I am dealing with this know. Sometimes I see hope and she agrees to go to a meeting and get a sponsor,but when meeting time comes she finds an excuse not to go. She will ask me wher are you going and I tell her a meeting so I can stay sober. This is how it works. Sometimes she will ask how meeting was and I will tell her,but when she does not ask I do not bring it up.