300 Days Clean and Sober!!!
Hello All...

I wanted to thank everyone even those who are not fans of the Pitt Pens... for your constant help and support this past 300 days.  It has been 300 days since I popped a pain pill or tasted alcohol... and life is good.  I don't miss any of the stress that goes with that life.  I never have to hide pills or bottles from my family.  I don't have to worry how my breath smells....  And my family trust me again.. (most of the time... LOL)     Somedays come and go and I don't think about the drugs or alcohol... but somedays, its all I think about.  I always have my friends here to turn for support.  Thank You All!!!

I look forward to a new season of Hockey.  And for a good laugh .. you all should know now that I don't drink or drug, I have returned to playing roller hockey.  Yes, I am a 42 year mother of 2 playing contact roller hockey with men.  I LOVE IT!  

And by the way, My name... Katie....

BLess you All....
Look forward to more talking with you all......................
AWESOME!!!! I too hope to achieve full sobriety soon! I am on the suboxone program and have learned it just means trading one drug for another!!! I tried to stop last week and got really sick so I had to start back! It was either that or pain pills again!! Keep up the good work I know you can do it!
U go girl!congrats!whack a puck if u do that in roller hockey......sounds like fun!Keep w/us here!
Suboxone....used properly in tandem w/counseling and a support group can help u stay clean!Most folks stay on it a year......then taper down to discontinue.Hang in there!
I am so proud of you!!  You wear sobriety very well~

I would have a face on a few of those pucks!  lol

Stay in touch!
Wow, you're an inspiration!  Not only for the 300 days but for the roller hockey!  haha, no-- for the 300 days.  It's been 2 days for me, after a bump, and now 3 days.  but THREE HUNDRED!! You're amazing.  Is there one thing that suddenly helped you stop?  Or was it gradual?

Whatever the answer, you rock.  I don't even know you and I'm in awe!
Hello...
I wouldn't say it was once particular thing, I would say I was on the verge of losing everything... my family, my life, everything.....  You can do this.  If I can, anyone can.  I take it one day at a time.  And when I think maybe I can just do in once.... I think about how bad I felt during withdrawl.... and I buy myself a special coffee instead.   I will not lie, this road *****.   But I got myself here, and I have to dig myself out.    I wish you luck, and write me anytime... I would love to help....