Alcoholism Community
300 Days Clean and Sober!!!

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

300 Days Clean and Sober!!!

Hello All...

I wanted to thank everyone even those who are not fans of the Pitt Pens... for your constant help and support this past 300 days.  It has been 300 days since I popped a pain pill or tasted alcohol... and life is good.  I don't miss any of the stress that goes with that life.  I never have to hide pills or bottles from my family.  I don't have to worry how my breath smells....  And my family trust me again.. (most of the time... LOL)     Somedays come and go and I don't think about the drugs or alcohol... but somedays, its all I think about.  I always have my friends here to turn for support.  Thank You All!!!

I look forward to a new season of Hockey.  And for a good laugh .. you all should know now that I don't drink or drug, I have returned to playing roller hockey.  Yes, I am a 42 year mother of 2 playing contact roller hockey with men.  I LOVE IT!  

And by the way, My name... Katie....

BLess you All....
Look forward to more talking with you all......................
AWESOME!!!! I too hope to achieve full sobriety soon! I am on the suboxone program and have learned it just means trading one drug for another!!! I tried to stop last week and got really sick so I had to start back! It was either that or pain pills again!! Keep up the good work I know you can do it!
U go girl!congrats!whack a puck if u do that in roller hockey......sounds like fun!Keep w/us here!
Suboxone....used properly in tandem w/counseling and a support group can help u stay clean!Most folks stay on it a year......then taper down to discontinue.Hang in there!
I am so proud of you!!  You wear sobriety very well~

I would have a face on a few of those pucks!  lol

Stay in touch!
Wow, you're an inspiration!  Not only for the 300 days but for the roller hockey!  haha, no-- for the 300 days.  It's been 2 days for me, after a bump, and now 3 days.  but THREE HUNDRED!! You're amazing.  Is there one thing that suddenly helped you stop?  Or was it gradual?

Whatever the answer, you rock.  I don't even know you and I'm in awe!
Hello...
I wouldn't say it was once particular thing, I would say I was on the verge of losing everything... my family, my life, everything.....  You can do this.  If I can, anyone can.  I take it one day at a time.  And when I think maybe I can just do in once.... I think about how bad I felt during withdrawl (withdrawal).... and I buy myself a special coffee instead.   I will not lie, this road *****.   But I got myself here, and I have to dig myself out.    I wish you luck, and write me anytime... I would love to help....