Alcoholism Community
Addiction

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Addiction

I m a man, live in Bangladesh my age 37 i have three child.my problem is i Addiction 12 year phyncedyl cough syrup.i start it drink before my marriage now its long time. so i suggested u pls give me a way of this habit i leave out this life.if i one or two days no drink so body is very sick pls dr. give me a proscription.
12 years is a long time and it sounds like if you want to stop your addiction, you should seek help at a medical facility. After that there are programs, free, that you could get involved in to help you stay away from the cough syrup (12 step programs, etc.). But if your body gets sick without it, I would recommend going to a medical facility and telling them so they can help you stop using the syrup appropriately.