Alcoholism Community
Alcohol Poisoning Damage?

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Alcohol Poisoning Damage?

Hi, I'm sorry if this question seems overdrmatic, I just really need to ask this question to people who can give me an answer from some kinda of experience...

Last Halloween, about a month ago, I went to a party and drank for about the 5th time in my life, I started with beer, and ended up taking shots (More like mouth-fulls...) of hard alcohol out of a glass... not even a shot glass... A few minutes later, I puked on the table I was sitting at, stumbled to the bathroom and continued to puke for hours on end... I didn't pass, and I could walk (barley, but could indeed walk), but was obviously very drunk and my only thought was if I was going to die. I ended up getting really really tired and falling asleep. The next morning I obviously had a hangover, so didn't think anything of the dizziness, and confusion. But now, a month later, I still feel dizzy and confused for almost all the time. Since that night, my panic attacks and anxiety also came back after almost a year of being gone, and I know that anxiety and panic attacks can cause dizziness also...  Anyway, I would like to know what the chances are that I got brain damage that night... That was the most I've ever drank in my life by far, and I took the hard alcohol all in about a 5-10 minutes. I seem to get most dizzy when forced to focus on a few things at a time, like when driving I feel very dizzy and spaced out. Right now I'm also in lala land, as I prob will be for the rest of the day.

Any help would be great, I'm so scared I messed myself up for good, I've read that drinking to much to fact and pretty easily mess a person up for good...
hi. your condition can't be diagnosed online. you should see a doctor.  gm
what effect does alcohol have on psych drugs?
I have the same thing but not all the time.  I was drinking beer on a daily basis for a couple of weeks i was not eating and I was taking duretics to lose weight.  I called it my drinking beer diet cuz i always lost weight before when i did this. But this time I really deyhrated my body to the point of having almost NO electrolytes.  I was taken by 911 to the ER and given potassium and salt intraviously.  I lost control of most of my muscles. Today im getting feelings back but with lots of pain and lots of aching and occasional dizzieness and forgefulness. I had a CT scan and a head MRI and it was normal they found a bad sinus infection on my MRI and its taken care of now, but im still concerned.  Now they are saying I cant drink anymore, and I have drank all my life, im finding this hard to deal with any advice?
hi. usually when a person can correlate negative consequences with a certain behavior, they will cease the behavior. this is not the case with chemical dependency, as it is characterized by the continuation of actions that are self destructive. if the drinking seems to be causing problems and you are still trying to find a way to continue consuming alcohol, it's highly likely you either have a problem or are very close to developing one. if the benefits of drinking still seem to justify the consequences, you would be best served by checking out aa and talk to some folks in person who failed to heed the warnings you may be getting now. as far as mixing alcohol and psychiatric meds, the effects of the meds can be lessened, intensified or even result in severe psychosis as i experienced years ago when i drank while on a common antidepressant. the potential effects are also dependent on things like emotional status and any other substances being taken. good luck,  gm
".....and I have drank all my life....."

Therein lies the problem.
Yes it is her fault shes an alcoholic but you cannot say she is all to blame, there are many reasons why people turn to alcoholism, it is an addiction and addiction is hard to beat.