Alcohol Poisoning
I drunk far too much on Saturday evening Sunday morning and ended up in a ridiculous state.  Yesterday I spent the day feeling rough, heart pounding and then sick for a bit.  Today is Monday and I still feel a bit rough and I am scared of going to sleep tonight incase I dont wake up.  Could the alcohol still kill me 36 hours after my last drink?
Why would you do this to yourself? You must have been so sloppy drunk that everyone just saw it as sad. It's not cool to be that person. You easily could not be here right now.
It's time for a break or maybe even time to quit. It's likely that you are very dehydrated. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water to flush the toxins from your body, Gatorade is best for replacing the electrolytes. You will be fine. Think of it as getting lucky this time. There are only so many times you can drink until you have alcohol poisoning without some permanent damage to your liver. Take it from someone that knows. Diagnosed 03-23-10 end stage cirrhosis.
Randy

Good lord how much did you drink?  You are lucky to be alive.  Next time you may not be so lucky.  How often do you participate in this behavior?
I know I am lucky to be alive, I dont often participate in this behaviour, yeah I binge drink and get a hangover but most of the time nothing too bad.  I suppose I should of mentioned I suffer from OCD so I panic about most things, which is what I was doing last night, so much so I went to the local pharmacy to check I would die last night.

Now my OCD has moved onto the fact I had massive blackouts during the evening and ended up passing out and friends calling an ambulance and being taken to the hospital.  Im so ashamed I could get this drunk that I could potentially die and waste peoples and medical staff time.  

Like I said this isnt a regular thing for me to do to end up in a and e, mostly because for long periods I havent hardly drunk anything because I am so scared of having a blurry memory and then afterwards my OCD tells me that during that black out I have caught HIV, injected drugs, or harmed myself or someone else, which is what it is doing today.......Im so frightened I did something illegal and cant get passed it.
I tell you my friend, I would not want to be in your shoes and I have some pretty bad problems. So why do you drink at all if this is potentially what can happen? Shouldn't drinking be all about having a good time?

Also why do you allow yourself to be around people that have serious drug problems or disease, your really taking some chances with your life aren't you and for what? Do you think this could happen to you again. What are you going to do to make sure it doesn't? I don't know you but I know you are better than this and with some effort you can make sure this never happens again. Stay home and surround yourself with the people that love you and you will be much happier.

Im glad you are doing better today and stop worrying, everything that seems fine probably is but learn from your mistakes.

Randy
This sounds familiar for some reason...........ibizan?
oh yesssssssssssssssssssss...i have good long term memory!
That's my girl!!
Thats the thing I dont have people around me who have drug problems or diseases.  To me every person I come into contact with potentially has HIV or could inject me with something, my OCD makes me suspicious of everybody in those terms.  Its the fact Ive had a blackout and cant remember what happened.  Im certain the police are coming for me and I just cant cope
I see, that's good to hear you are not around people like that. Do you take any medication to help you deal with OCD? In many cases alcohol will intensify the medication and both should not be used at the same time. This could be responsible in part for the black-out.

Even if medication isn't the case have you considered to just stop drinking completely? It's so easy to see how alcohol is responsible for this whole mess and even still it plaques you.

I was diagnosed with cirrhosis and I thought everything is going to be just fine, I have to quit and I did. Problem is I quit it but it didn't quit me. It has a huge effect on my life due to the health problems and addiction. Next month is two years and I still have temptation that would most certainly end me.

You know how alcohol impacts your life and I don't think your happy about it in any way. As I said before you are lucky to be okay this time. Do something good for yourself and start your sobriety today before you end up with something real to worry about! Good luck my friend. Take care.

Randy
Thanks for the comments.  I definitely wont be drinking and know I wont have any trouble as I have been through long periods of not drinking when my OCD has been bad, but I thought and was encouraged to try and lead a normal life and so started going out and drinking again and have ended up in this mess.

My worry isnt being able to stop as I know I can, its just that the damage has been done and no matter what excuse, alcohol or medication or what, if Ive done something wrong Im going to prison
"normal" doesn't always mean drinking. My grandmother has never had a drink in her life, but she was a regular at many parties and bars. She has fun without the alcohol. For some people, normal means no alcohol at all.

I too suffer from OCD and can understand your obsessive thoughts and how they can take over your life. What I've found to help me is my weekly group (love them) and a journal. A lot of positive talk to yourself will help too. I write almost daily, at least everytime an obsessive thought creeps up. Not to long ago, maybe 3 years ago, I swore I was dying. I wasn't, I was fine but my brain was telling me otherwise. If you're not on medication for the OCD, I suggest you find a doctor and give yourself some relief.

Good luck!
I was drinking some rum with my buddies an i blacked out i know i threw up a lot but i was fine the next day just didnt feel good but im on day 3 now and i have diarrhea upset stomache and a lil confused is this normal how long till i feel better