Alcoholism Community
Alcohol

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Alcohol

This question is to help a friend of mine and I feel its quite serious despite the fact that she feels that its not.
A few years back she had checked up in her country of origin (Korea) that she had some sort of heart weakness, which she thought was nothing at all. But just yesterday when we shared 2 bottle of aclohol, not long after she had breathing difficulties and it scares me out. We dont drink too much either once in 3 months, and even in the past she didnt drink that much.

Today she told me that she has had a black out experience in the past when she drank too much and was breathing heavily till she blacked out and didnt remember any part of that experience.

I hope to get a reply from someone out there on what should I do about this matter.
What symptoms should I check on her to identify her problem ?
Thank you.

Regards,
Jack
Your friend needs to be seen by a medical professional, alcohol may be exasperating an underling medical condition so she needs to stop drinking until she has got a clear diagnoses and discussed everything with a doctor.

Ray
I agree with Rod......She needs to be seen by a doctor.             sara
This is absolutely not to be rude but why on earth would you consult a bunch of drunks on something as serious as a possible heart condition?????  Are you hoping maybe one of us is a doctor and on top of it a cardiologist???  Get your girlfriend to a doctor if you can afford it and in the mean time, don't let her drink anymore.  It obviously doesnt mix well with her underlying medical condition.
Tink
Wow!first of all no one can stop another from drinking!Second of all we are not a bunch of drunks...we are recovering here for the most part...those who responded.Third of all many come to Medhelp seeking information and it seems that this is what this person is doing!
Thanks for letting Tink70 know we are not a bunch of drunks,That's the last thing you want to hear when your struggling with sobriety.
I am first and foremost a sober alcoholic/clean addict.......and second a former drunk/addict!:)
I totally agree I'm a recovering alcoholic/Drug addict only 48 days clean.At what stage do you call yourself sober,is it when the alcohol is out of your system or when you don't crave alcohol anymore.Do the cravings go.
Whoa Tink.......a bunch of drunks??  I dont think so.  I am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict.  This man has come to this forum for some advice and support just like we all have done......

Narla.....Congrats on 48 days clean!!!  That is great!!  As long as you are not using you are clean.  The cravings will lessen with time but always remember to respect your addictions and keep your guard up.....Our addictions are sly cunning and baffling.  Keep moving forward and stay positive!!!!!!!!             sara