Alcoholism Community
Alcoholism

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Alcoholism

I'm 29 years old and have been drinking beer quite heavily for about 4 years. On the nights that I decide not to drink, for whatever reason... I'm plagued by profuse sweating which keeps me from sleeping. I've heard that quitting drinking in some alcoholics can be dangerous. Is this true? And why do I sweat when I don't drink?

Victor
post reply
i am the child of an alchoholic and i feel worse then if i were drinking. my step mother is very ill , and my father the alcholic is the care taker. he has use guilt to motivate me and make me feel quilty about every thing in there life. I feel like iam going to go crazy. i cant seem to tell him off. he says terrible things about me and my children when he is drunk, the denies it.  lies about it and any thing else possible. I cant stand it anymore. 38 year old mother of 2 teens . i feel like running away.
My wife drinks a bottle of brandy every2/3 days I don't know what to do
Normally an alcoholic needs to hit what they consider rock bottom before giving up drinking and that is different for everyone. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to make her quit.

Have you asked her to quit and does she know how much it is bothering you?  I think it is really important for you to discuss this with her while she is sober and tell her why it bothers you and that you are concerned for her health. You might even ask her why she feels she needs to drink like this.

Do you drink with her? I don't know what your relationship is like or how long you been together or even how long she has been doing this so please keep that in mind but I hope this will help.

Randy