Am I gonna need a medical detox?
So I've been drinking since I was 14, but very intermittently.  I've pretty much never not been an alcoholic, so I would start, drink in an escalating way until it got problematic and then stop for a few weeks or months.  For the past 6 years...  In this most recent instance I've been drinking every day for about 7 weeks now, which is more and longer than is usual for me.  I do want to stop for good this time, although I've wanted that every time so we'll see.  The thing is, I'm a little worried about the DTs...I kind of like not being dead, and as I understand it your odds of dying in the DTs without medical treatment are something like 1 in 5.  But I don't know if I'm physically dependent enough for that to happen.  Thoughts?
What have you been drinking and how much?

If you cannot do without alcohol you are alcoholic some alcoholics drink every day and some do not but the ones that dont drink every day still have to drink some in order to feel the effects of alcohol.  They just cant do without it so you might want to quit drinking before it gets the best of you.