BINGING
Hey all, Just wondering how bad this is... Ok so im 23 and have been binging since i was 19 (uni) 19-22 during term wed drink heavily 5-6 days per week (normal student days) but i always drank more than most- Ok not good all students do etc etc but sinnce uni/ travelling my tolerance has gone up so much i can drink entire bottle of whiskey/ rum and be OK.. I never seem to loose control or feel drunk anymore...
I do however only drink 1-2 times per wk but if booze/ money is there i never stop, like no off switch.. Just want opinions on how bad this is health wise. I never feel need to drink wen im staying in its just wen im out i cant help but get v v drunk! Any opinions appreciated! Cheers
hey young man!u got quite the problem dude and u know it!I'm 52 sober/clean 24 years and used to drink like u when i was 19 and 20's!thought i could control it a zillion times...always kicked my booty and it is bad health wise!do u drive drunk?if so a DUi could b looming on ur horizon......
I think just by asking these questions you know the answer!
Iv never drunk driven im my life and never would... Not sure where that one came from. Any ideas on training myself to go out and drink moderately? I think iv just learnt a routine or habit of going out and drinking really heavily and partying. Maybe i associate all the good nights out and parties with the drinking. so steming the drink= less fun in my mind????  How do you learn to drink socially and stay in control?? Thanks!
Because you say you never drink on your own - only when your out perhaps indicates it could be more a social anxiety thing than an alcohol addiction. Ususally when someone has alcohol dependance it does not matter if your out/alone - where you are - the issue is there. Do you drink when out to feel more confident/relaxed?
the drunk driving question came from my day job hazard of territory...alcohol/drug abuse counselor!my former designated driver of many moons ago was a social drinker....3 beers in the course of evening and third one might get warm.that is social drinking.......doesn't sound like u r and i know of no training manual to teach u.good that ur concerned and questioning self........if u set up a controlled drinking plan.....few drinks per episode...and u fail at this...theres the answer to the question i think u already know!its ur youth and lack of consequences thus far that keep u skeptical!